It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

SOADfan HB User
I just got my first smoothbeam today!!

hi folks,

just thought i let u know how my first smoothbeam went today. for some background, ive had acne for over 13 years (currently 25 yrs old), and ive been on accutane 3 times, and last month i spent 1000 dollars on clearlight (or clearjunk as i like to call it) with zero results. actually my acne got worse during the clearlight and it just felt like i was sitting under a light bulb for 15 minutes. so i switched to a new dermatoligist and before my first smoothbeam, my new derm put me on a combination of clenia/benzaclin/tazorac/minocin, which worked wonders! my face cleared up within a week! so now im just hoping the smoothbeam will help me from breaking out again and get rid of my scars. well, so 2 hours before the appointment i had to glop this numbing cream on my face to help with pain. but actually it didnt help to much. everytime they turned on the beam it felt like someone was slapping my face with 1000 tiny rubber bands all at once! i had to take a few breaks cuz of the pain (i was on level 11 then up to level 12).but as soon as they stop the laser, the pain goes away. the whole process took about 20 minutes or so and now my face is kinda red like i got sunburned. so far, im happy with the results except for the redness, my derm's gonna keep me on all the other topicals and antibiotics until i finish 3 more smoothbeams (every 4 weeks)...anyone else have luck with smoothbeam?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #2

TRINITY76 HB User
Re: I just got my first smoothbeam today!!

Sorry to say its a complelete waste of money I wish I could go back in time and get my money back it does nothing and does not get rid of acne the only thing it does is help with oil,now I'm someone who has struggled with acne my whole life, moderate, nothing has helped me, I thought getting the smoothbeam was my answer, i was so hopefull, I even convinced myself it was working I did 5 treatments. I went in for the light scarring I had, did absolutely nothing. In fact all I had to do was try Accutane and I would've saved almost a thousand dollars. They just prey on Acne victims and get them to fork over money by telling them how great their skin will look.Do yourself a favor get your money back and go onto accutane. Trust me its a waste of money.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:25 AM   #3

SOADfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINITY76
Sorry to say its a complelete waste of money I wish I could go back in time and get my money back it does nothing and does not get rid of acne the only thing it does is help with oil,now I'm someone who has struggled with acne my whole life, moderate, nothing has helped me, I thought getting the smoothbeam was my answer, i was so hopefull, I even convinced myself it was working I did 5 treatments. I went in for the light scarring I had, did absolutely nothing. In fact all I had to do was try Accutane and I would've saved almost a thousand dollars. They just prey on Acne victims and get them to fork over money by telling them how great their skin will look.Do yourself a favor get your money back and go onto accutane. Trust me its a waste of money.
trinity76,
BUT IVE BEEN ON ACCUTANE 3 TIMES!!! Ive been seeing a derm for over 12 years and ive been on so many different prescriptions i think i even know more about acne than most dermatologists do! they gave me a choice: go back on accutane for the 4th time or try smoothbeam, so i decided to go with it because im at the end of my ropes. also, i got lucky and found a really good derm that does smoothbeam for only $225 a session! thats about half what others charge. plus its only once a month, so its not so hard on the pocketbook either. so yes, i do recomend accutane before any laser treatments, but when youve already tried that 3 times like me, you can obviously see where im coming from

Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #4

TRINITY76 HB User

Actually it only cost 200.00 a treatment anything more is over priced, At least here in California its cheap, and Accutane does work, its worked on the most serious cases to the not so serious, If your putting all your hopes on a smoothbeam treatment your in for a rude awaking, it doesn't have anywhere near the capiblity that accutane does. I have acne longer then you have and nothing worked for me except accutane.
If you've tried Accutane three times and it didn't work theres no way smoothbeam is going too.
Good luck though.

Old 05-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
(male)

DaOutlaw HB User

Trinity have you tried the Obagi peel?

Old 05-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
(male)

roxcyn HB User

I read a treatment in a magazine, I don't know if it was this smoothbeam, but they put acid on your skin, and it is supposed to prevent the acne from forming because it kills the bacteria on your skin, is this the smoothbeam treatment?

Closed Thread