It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2003, 03:34 AM   #1

joshua007 HB User
Talking Popping or Draining PIMPLE Reserach

Here is some important onformation for those debating if they should pop their pimples.

(FROM ACNE STUDY doen in the USA FDA)

MYTH: Squeezing pimples causes acne scars

FACT: While this may lead to deeper scarring or increased inflammation, this is not the origin of the acne scar. Once "pus" has broken through the skin, the scar has been formed. A little "pus" equals a little scar, a lot of "pus" equals a bigger scar. It is always better to clear the pus from your system than to allow it to dissolve back into your skin. However, if you do not squeeze correctly (and at the right time) you will force the infection deeper into your skin and this will result in a much bigger acne lesion (and most likely a bigger scar).

Old 03-30-2003, 03:41 AM   #2

joshua007 HB User
Thumbs up

Guys this does work. Mind you only drain them if you see PUS. To drain them I reccommend you using a thin needle - disinfect it first by boiling it in hot water and putting it rubbing alcohol for a minute, then poke the pimple with the needle to drain the puss out. ONLY squeeze (DRAIN) them until their is an entrance out. You dont want to squeeze them to make them bigger, if its closed you only introduce more blood into the pimple for bacteria to grow in therefore making it bigger. Make sure there is drainage before your go full Sqeeze ahead (LOL). Please NOTE: Using your finger nails only adds for the wound to be bigger and you risk introducing more bacteria to the pimple.

This is my personal technique that gets rid of my pimples rather cystic acne faster and heals them smoothly. Basically it speads up the healing process. I do this to stop the scar from getting bigger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I believe it ! As a test ,I had this one zit that was filled with pus on my temple and did not pick it and let it reabsorb back into the skin.The result was I now have a huge red mark the size of a nickel that won't go away. Normally when I got a zit there I would have extracted it as soon as it came to a head,apllied some BP and within a week it would have been gone without a trace.Sometimes its better to pick,and sometimes it ain't.

Old 03-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #4

Mr. Right HB User
Yes, very correct! Pop at the right time, use a sterile needle to poke a hole so the sebum can escape much easier. Once the pus looks like it has cleared out, stopped, don't go for broke, it'll only cause the sebum to be pushed further into the pore, saving the pus for more infection eventually.

Good post, grwat to hear people are popping right.

Old 03-30-2003, 10:09 AM   #5

Tomata HB User
I'm glad I'm not the only popping advocate. Though I too gotta stress how important it is not to get crazy and make the skin worse. I too have noticed when there is a yellow head and I leave it alone it lingers there forever and leaves a more pronounced red mark, but if I pop it (carefully mind you!) it goes away in about 24 hours. I don't use a needle, but I can see how that would also work. My tactic is after a shower when my pores are open, to gently push the pus out with clean fingers, then drain the rest and apply a little tea tree oil or alcohol to make sure the pus doesn't stay on the skin. It takes a while to dry out after the process and usually the spot falls off in about a day.

Closed Thread