It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
Pat69

Exclamation Solved my acne problem: Copper Toxicity

I'm a 31 year old male and had mild acne starting from the age of 16. My acne got worse (I would say moderate acne) last november so I tried everything most of us tried; Benzyl Peroxide, Tea Tree Oil, Anti-Biotics, Salicic Acid Products, Doctor visits (extremely useless !), you name it I have tried it. Common factor in these attempts; none of them worked, so I started to find the solution from within and finally found the solution myself; COPPER TOXICITY !!!
When my acne was getting worse I was trying to improve the situation by drinking lots of water. The problem is I drank liters of TAP WATER a day and guess what; Tap water has an extremely high copper level! Then I heard about the advice to replace diary with soy milk. Guess what; Soy has also a high copper level. Trying to improve my acne only made it worse! Until I found a document on the internet about copper toxicity.
Now I changed my diet to a normal diet low in copper avoiding Soy and Tap Water and try wherever possible to eat Protein with every meal to get excess copper out of my body. RESULT: drastic reduction of oil and ACNE FREE for several months now.
So particularly to those with adult acne; stop using all those rubbish topicals. Those topicals are made by companies that are only interested in one thing; making money and not in solving your acne problem.
I am not saying that copper toxicity is the cause of acne for all of you, but I am suggesting that you should have a health check for imbalances in your system as you might well find that this is the cause of your acne! I would like to get your response if you also find that copper toxicity is the cause of your acne problem as I will do everything to help others SOLVING their ACNE problem and stop the beauty industry making money. I strongly believe that the beauty industry is aware of the real problem of acne! With the help of information exchange like this health board we can all change this !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 02:32 PM   #2

theREDshoes HB User
Re: Solved my acne problem: Copper Toxicity

That's interesting because Anne Luise Gittleman, a nutritionist, has a book out on copper toxicity. There were some negative comments on amazon about the book didn't have much research to back up the claims.

I read about an easy way to test for zinc deficiency a while ago. Too much copper will interfere with zinc absorption and vice versa. I now take a zinc supplement because i got proof that I was deficient. You can buy zinc in liquid form (Zinc Status) and because zinc plays a role in taste, if you don't taste the zinc you know you have a deficiency.

So you might want to try supplementing zinc if you had high copper levels. Again, it is so easy to find out if you need it. The zinc will help prevent the copper levels getting too high. If you find that continuing the zinc is something you may want to do I find that a supplement in capsule or tablet form is more economical than the Zinc Status.

Actually, zinc is an important mineral for men because it plays a role in male sex hormones, so you may want to look into your zinc levels for your sexual health.

Good luck.

Last edited by theREDshoes; 06-02-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Old 06-02-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
Pat69

You are right, I forgot to mention that I am also taking Zinc supplements to fight the copper toxicity as it is not the copper toxicity as such that causes acne, it is the Zinc deficiency that is caused by the high levels of copper that was my cause of acne. This is why you will find many of us (including me) recommending the following;

Avoid high-copper foods such as: Chocolate, yeast, mushrooms, soy products, wheat germ and bran, shellfish, organ meats

Eat more foods rich in zinc such as: Chicken, turkey, red meats, game meats, pumpkin seeds

Avoid zinc inhibitors, including: Alcohol, sugar

Old 06-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #4
(male)

Viewsonic_123 HB User

How much Zinc were u taking to avoid the copper toxicity?

Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

shybit82 HB User

So back to the water thing:
since tap water is bad, would any store bought filtered water do? Or is there a specific brand you would recommend using?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
(female)

tetStevens HB User

Thanks Pat69 for this helpful information. I've been researching for acne solutions for my 25 y.o. brother over the net and found this thread. Together with a suggestion from a different thread, we did a consultation from an endocrinologist, lo and behold, after several test and checkups the doctor suggested for a copper toxicity. And true enough, he found out that my brother have imbalances and suggested he reduce his soy & tap water intake and increase his protein intake.

My brother has now oily-free skin and lesser pimples. Thanks again!

Last edited by tetStevens; 05-19-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Closed Thread