It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
(male)

Mr.Little HB User
Thinking about Accutane, good or bad?

I have been on Tetracycline for about a month and a half...i've also been using Stievamycin 0.025% for about a year and a half....the combo has worked quite well on my face...i have a lot less active pimples, just lots of red remnant spots. However, my back and chest have not gotten better by much at all...it has reduced the number of very painfull large nebules (i think that's what they're called), but they are still there hurting and bleeding a lot. And it's quite embarassing when i bleed all over my gf while were are intimate. I would really like to do something about it.

I talked to the dermatologist and he said that i should go on Accutane due tot he severity of the scaring and pain i have. I have read a LOT on accutane, but i don't have much actual real-life accounts of it's use. Can anybody attest to using Accutane and is it worth risking all of the symptoms?

Thanks a lot.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
(male)

Mr.Little HB User
Re: Thinking about Accutane, good or bad?

Oh, and i forgot to mention that i'm 20 years old and I have had bad acne for 4 or 5 years now, and i'm really getting annoyed and frustrated with it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2004, 03:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

I think so especially that you are 20 yrs old. Im on it and im in my 2nd month and im about 80% clear. Make sure you know all the side efftects as well. I also had alot more pimples in my back when i was on antibiotics and now im 90% cleared.

Old 06-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #4
(male)

Mr.Little HB User

Thanks...i've read many VERY detailed reports on how it works and the possible side effects...kinda scary.. Has anybody seen any major side effects? It really sounds like it works and i'm going to go on it after i get my blood tested and such...

Closed Thread