It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #1
(male)

misanthrope HB User
Popped Cystic Pimple!

I had a rather painful cystic pimple growing on the side of my head, near the top of my ear for a week and a half that just popped. I was hoping that it would just disappear after awhile, but it just kept growing bigger and bigger. So I picked at it and it broke open.

I figured that since it already popped, that I would squeeze out the liquid that was in it. When I squeezed the area, this really gross reddish-purplish pus came oozing out.

Was it a good idea to pop it and squeeze the pus out? Or would it have gone away on its own? If it could go away on its own, how would it do that? Where would the pus go?

Also, if I get another cystic pimple in the future, what can I do to make it go away? Are there any ointments out there that help??

There's still a small bump left and it hurts when I touch it, but it has stopped bleeding. Although, it would be well concealed by my hair/sideburn, I am worried that it'll leave a scar.

Last edited by misanthrope; 06-11-2004 at 11:01 PM.

Old 06-12-2004, 07:22 AM   #2

SurfBetty620 HB User
Re: Popped Cystic Pimple!

hope it doesnt get infected... next time visit your derm because usually with cystic acne you need a cortisone injection. they get ridda them in like a couple hours. Dont take the risk of popping them, they are too deep and could leave a gnarly scar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

How do you guys get to goto the derm on demand so often? When I try to get an appointment they schedule me 2 1/2 months out.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapple67
How do you guys get to goto the derm on demand so often? When I try to get an appointment they schedule me 2 1/2 months out.
When I went to my first derm, it took me 2 months to get an appointment. When I went to my second derm, it took me 3 months. For my third and final derm I go to now, I was frustrated by a cyst on my chin, so I called up the office after looking through the phone book, I lied and told them I had to go to a wedding that weekend and needed a cortisone injection right away. They fit me in the next day. I don't believe that all derms can be booked solid for months.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

The problem is I can only goto one derm my insurance coverage range isnt very wide.

Old 06-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #6

SurfBetty620 HB User

You have to pretend like you have an important thing going on and you need to ask for an "emergency appt."... they always fit ya in.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

My cystic pimples seem to pop eventually. In a few days the one im my temple will turn to a head on it will pop in the shower.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:35 PM   #8
(male)

misanthrope HB User

Will that leave a scar then?

It has been a few days now since the pop and now the area on my face does not hurt anymore and the swelling has gone down. I don't think it got infected, or else it would still be hurting now right?

I can still see a scab where it broke open, so I don't know how much of a scar it will leave.

For some reason, right now the area looks and feels really dry so much so, that the skin is peeling!

Old 06-14-2004, 05:33 PM   #9

Bsalet HB User

Hey you know what i had the same problem, but what i did was popped it so that i drained a lot of the blood from it...then i put some hydrogyen peroxide to kill the left over bacteria and put some benzyol peroxide on it over night. It took about two days to really heel (flake away) but keep applying some benzoyl peroxide at night. Oh yeah and I also dont have a dermatologist hehe their expensive, and my insurance doesnt cover it Hope this helped

Closed Thread