It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

HannahUK HB User
Recipes anyone? chip in!

ok, so we have all been told what we CAN'T eat but I haven't read much about what we CAN eat. So I thought maybe it would be a good idea to share recipes? That way we can help each other out, and god knows we need the help because following this diet is no fun! it was my mates bday the other day and she got a massive chocolate cake - everyone tucked in and they all had such gorgeous skin. Sigh.

I got a few recipes you guys may want to try (I got them from an acne website,and i THINK they contain the right foods, although I may be wrong!)

vegetable stir fry
Ingredients:
Small broccoli 1 red pepper 5oz/120g mangetout 1 carrot 100g/4oz beansprouts (preferably home made) Bunch spring onions 1g/small handful seaweed, such as Arame 1 tbsp sesame seeds 1 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tsp sesame oil 2 tbsp tamari 1 tbsp honey 3 tbsp veg stock

Directions: Soak the seaweed for 10 minutes. Peel and chop the carrot into thin slices, chop the broccoli into small pieces. Trim the mangetout and thinly slice the pepper. Slice the spring onions into inch long lengths. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the carrots and broccoli and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mangetout and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spring onion and cook for a further minute. Mix together the sesame oil, tamari, honey and stock and pour into the pan. If necessary cut the seaweed into smaller pieces, and add to the pan together with the beansprouts. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Serve and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Serves 2 people.

italian soup
Ingredients:
1 avocado, peeled and stoned
4 tomatoes
A handful of basil
1/4 of a cup of cold pressed olive oil
Directions: Blend all ingredients. If it's too thick, add some freshly made tomato or cucumber juice.

tomato and red onion salad
Ingredients:
5 baby plum tomatoes 8 cherry tomatoes 4 large tomatoes
1/2 red onion 1oz/50g fresh parsley (basil or coriander are suitable alternatives), 3 cloves garlic, crushed Juice of a lemon 3 tbsp olive oil
Directions: Chop tomatoes and onion and place in a large bowl. Add the parsley and garlic to the bowl with the other ingredients. In a jug mix together the lemon juice and olive oil. Add the dressing to the bowl, mix well and serve. Serves 2 people

rocket & pinenut salad
Ingredients:
4oz/100g rocket 2oz/50g raw pinenuts 1 tbsp olive oil Juice and rind of a lemon 1 clove garlic, crushed
Directions: Arrange the rocket over the plates, sprinkle the pinenuts on top. Mix together the olive oil, juice and rind of the lemon and garlic and pour over. Serves 2 people.

green herby salad
Ingredients:
Small bag of baby spinach leaves 1 oz/50g coriander leaves 1 oz/50g parsley leaves, finely chopped 1 avocado, peeled and chopped into small chunks 3 sticks celery, chopped into small chunks 2 spring onions, finely chopped 1 tbsp olive oil
Juice of a lime
Directions: Arrange the baby spinach leaves on plates. Mix all the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour over the spinach leaves. Garnish with a few springs of coriander. Serves 2 people.

OK I hope that has given you some ideas - If you could share some of your own recipes I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it, thanks all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread