It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
Veteran

turbonamja HB User
too many vitamins???

I was told by a sports nutritionalist that I need to take the following to maintain a healthy active body like mine. I work out 5 times a week ... pretty hard and I play basketball on the other two days or go running. This is what I take ...

Morning - Multivitamin, B-Complex, and Murad Skin supplements (almost acts as a multi)

After workout - Vitamin C and E
After Meal - Acidophilus (Spelling) and Milk Thistle

Before bed
Magnesium, Zinc, Fish Oil, and Murad Skin supplements

Could you guys tell me if this is too much? If I am missing something to get clear skin please suggest what I can take. I am up for Smoothbeam Laser treatment next month and I currently wash with Murad. It doesnt seem to help either. Thanks

Old 06-20-2004, 07:59 PM   #2

JW2252 HB User
Re: too many vitamins???

Looks pretty good to me. I was gonna say take B6 to help the zinc, but you got a B-complex thrown in there so you should be pretty good to go. Fish Oil is also great for acne so good luck on this regimen, I hope it works out well for you.

BTW, are you using a topical? You will see much better results if you combine this regimen with a light, non-irritating face wash.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2252
Looks pretty good to me. I was gonna say take B6 to help the zinc, but you got a B-complex thrown in there so you should be pretty good to go. Fish Oil is also great for acne so good luck on this regimen, I hope it works out well for you.

BTW, are you using a topical? You will see much better results if you combine this regimen with a light, non-irritating face wash.
yeah im using Murad for a face wash. not sure if i should change it out or not to get me better results.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:46 AM   #4

JW2252 HB User

I don't know much about Murad, but I'm on Loreal Ideal Balance Foaming Cleanser, which is very light and non-irritating. I mainly use it because it contains SA in it, which helps to rid me of redmarks and hyperpigmentation. Actually, my skin looks much healthier now that I've stopped using Benzoyl Peroxide and Retin-A micro.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
I don't know much about Murad, but I'm on Loreal Ideal Balance Foaming Cleanser, which is very light and non-irritating. I mainly use it because it contains SA in it, which helps to rid me of redmarks and hyperpigmentation. Actually, my skin looks much healthier now that I've stopped using Benzoyl Peroxide and Retin-A micro.
Would it be recommended for men to use also?

Old 06-21-2004, 06:37 PM   #6

JW2252 HB User

I should hope so cuz I'm a guy lol. Yeah I know it sounds like a womans product, and well, it probably is. But I like it all the same. Plus, my face is never really dry anymore. If you're seeing results with murad, than I wouldn't bother with switching, but if you ever need to than the cleanser I reccomended works very well.

Old 06-22-2004, 06:31 AM   #7
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
I should hope so cuz I'm a guy lol. Yeah I know it sounds like a womans product, and well, it probably is. But I like it all the same. Plus, my face is never really dry anymore. If you're seeing results with murad, than I wouldn't bother with switching, but if you ever need to than the cleanser I reccomended works very well.
thanks for the tip ... hopefully the smoothbeam laser treatment will cure my acne for good this time.

Closed Thread