It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 01:37 PM   #1

Testamentt HB User
Body Acne and what I have done

There was a post about this going a couple of weeks ago but it seems to have been lost in the fray. I have quite severe body acne, the worst being on my upper arms and upper back, however last week I got a pretty big breakout including a big one on the side of my butt (which has never really happened before). This all came at a time when I thought I was controlling it with St.Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub.

First I should say that I've used many different products and methods in a feeble attempt to control my body acne.

1) Head and Shoulders (several times, different brands) - Worked for the first few weeks then slowly declined back to the original state.

2) Dial Soap - Seemed to irritate my skin too much forming a red rash on my skin, which subsided once I stopped with the product.

3) Tea Tree Oil Body Wash - Can't seem to remember the brand name but this had little effect on the acne itself.

These are the main three I remember to directly combat my sustaining body acne. About three weeks ago I read about people using St.Ives Medicated Body Scrub and having great success so I decided to give it a try. After about a week I noticed definite improvement in my skin, as well as finer smoothness of the rough areas. However, fast forward to Day 16, or so, and I had this strange breakout which left me with a light red rash in addition to 5 or 6 very dark, long lasting, pimple heads. I'm going to continue using this product until the end of the tube and see where I'm at.

My question to you all is your experiences, once again probably, with this product or any other product that has improved your body acne.

Thankyou very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2004, 03:55 PM   #2

reeny HB User
Lightbulb Re: Body Acne and what I have done

St Ives Apricot Scrub is very harsh. I would not recommend using it at all, but if you must then use it only once a week at most. I don't think a person with acne prone/sensitive skin should be using any of the products you listed on a daily basis.

Find a non-soap or cytaphil product to use most frequently, and the harsh products in moderation. All the agitation you are causing your skin could be doing more aggravation than good.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:21 PM   #3

Testamentt HB User
Re: Body Acne and what I have done

I should mention I have used Cetaphil for a long while, as well. I thought the same: that maybe I was putting too many irritants on my body so I went three months without washing with anything more than water, then slowly I'd wash with normal soap every couple days, then everyday... no improvement.

I should mention, as well, that my skin isnt very sensitive at all.

Thanks for your reply, too.

Old 06-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
(male)

drenyob HB User

I hate body acne.

I'm using the clear light treatment and I'm seeing an improvement. I'm not sure how long or if will totally make it go away.

2 things I don't like about it is how long and expensive it is and also how the head that shines the light isn't big enough to get big areas. I usually need 2- 20 minute sessions to get all of my back done.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #5

UnRuLy HB User

have you tired neutrogenas acne body wash? its really good! my friend elise swears by it. she use to have severe body acne but since shes been using this its all cleared up.

LyNdSeY

Old 06-24-2004, 09:34 PM   #6

Testamentt HB User

Yes, I'm sorry to shoot down all these ideas but I did use that neutrogena product and the neurogena scrub. Since I'm not using it anymore I can only conclude it didnt work very well .

Anyone else have any stories?

Closed Thread