It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User
Scared To Shave! Advice Needed!

Okay guys this is my situation. I haven't gone out in a while, like 3 weeks and have no shaved in a long time. Now I don't have a very very thick beard but it's certainly scruffy and ugly. I am in a huge predicament because this is my situation. The only place i have no acne is where the hair is on my face, which is everywhere except directly below my mouth. Now I think I have to shave but will I break out everywhere afterwards?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Scared To Shave! Advice Needed!

I've gone through the same problems and I've noticed that the best thing for people with acne is to get an electric shaver. The reason people tend to break out after they shave (with a razor) is because when you shave your taking off the top layers of your skin alone with the hair. This causes almost an exfoliated effect, which can cause you to break out. With the electric shaver it seems to be much more gentle on your skin and causes it not to take layers off your skin, thus not causing any acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2004, 09:36 AM   #3

Fury23 HB User

You Should try the beard trimmer on the electric razor.

Old 06-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
(male)

avron HB User

hi johnsmith,

I was wondering if you could explain this for me please.
somehow for me, with exfoliating my skin, I tend to break out less, in fact, the area where the facial hair grows rarely breaks out, unlike my cheeks and forehead.

I have just started using an exfoliating moisturizer and things are getting way better, could dead accumulated cells be the case of my acne?

Old 06-26-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

I got Edge Active care gel for Ultra Sensitive skin. I shaved today and it works better than any other creams/gels i have used before. It also specifies on bottle that it is fragrance free and wont block pores. So that is a major plus, and it was only $3.50..00t 00t

Good Luck

Closed Thread