It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2004, 09:31 AM   #1

hongkongers HB User
Grow out of acne yet ? I have something to say......

I kind of feel like outgrowing acne very soon. I'm 24 soon & it's normal stage in the majority I think.
I feel so sorry for those still struggle with acne. It's a long long battle for me & u & I finally won and so do u . Sometimes , when I see people on the street with serious acne but he/she is supposed to have grown out of it.I really wish to approach him/her to tell my experience.
I still remember the days I often came to the board to search for so-called "miracles" . OF COURSE NONE OF THEM GUARANTEE WORKED. You can take advice only . some are really useful !

For me , what's the definition of "outgrow acne" ? I ocassionally have pimples if I eat too much fried food(generally unhealthy food) or too little sleep . so ....growing acne, I think,just I think.........it's a kind of "body reaction" to those ...........xxxxx (i don;t know how to say) .....um.... to detox the digestive system or blah......blah..... Just like u develope symptoms like coughing or sneezing with cold/flu. You need to take time for a rest.
Just a few simple steps I can control my acne to very minimum or even none.I will consider "outgrow acne". What about u ? Can u share with me ?

Old 07-20-2004, 10:09 PM   #2

JiminyBiscuit HB User
Re: Grow out of acne yet ? I have something to say......

whaaaaaaaa?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 09:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

For many people acne doesn't even start until adulthood - many people have clear skin until they hit their 30's.

Old 07-21-2004, 09:58 AM   #4

oneone HB User

lol @ JB. I think what he means by "outgrowing" acne is not so much that he's finished with the crazy-hormone-age and it's just disappearing, but that he's finally managing it and it's no longer a big part of his life like it used to be. I think age is just relative in the matter. Hongkongers, I'm right there with you. (:

Old 07-21-2004, 10:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

My mom is 48 and still waiting to outgrow the acne she's had since she was a teenager...

Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 AM   #6
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber
My mom is 48 and still waiting to outgrow the acne she's had since she was a teenager...
Holy crap!! I really hope I'm not going to be like that!!

Sorry to hear about your mom though, I 'm sure having acne her whole life gets on her last nerve. I guess she's tried everything, right?!

Old 07-21-2004, 12:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Oh, it scares me, because I've had acne since I was about 11, and I'm afraid I've inherited my mom's problem. Which means I have many, many years of struggling with it ahead of me.

Yeah, my mom has tried everything over the years. Antibiotics kept it in check for a few years, but she got nervous about taking them for such an extended period of time, and went off of them. SIGH.

Closed Thread