It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2003, 02:45 AM   #1
Inactive

Kwok Wui Tang HB User
Post ANYBODY HAVING PIMPLES GROWN IN THEIR NOSTRILS???

Recently I find that pimples in both my nostrils. The pimples sometimes even have pus formed. I am using Tea Tree oil cleanser to wash them. I consulted a dermatologist who said that it is normal that pimples will also grown in the nostrils. The dermatologist told me to apply benzoyl peroxide in my nose.

Please let me know if you have the same problem.

Old 04-02-2003, 02:53 AM   #2

CHICKLET9 HB User

Well i dont have that problem, but i am so shocked that your derm told u to apply benzoyl peroxide up your nose.
the nose is sensitive and i am sure putting bp up your nose will make the problem 10 times worse.
bp is way to strong for the nose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2003, 05:20 AM   #3

black_eyes HB User
Zits up your nostrils??? is that possible?

Chicklet is right, DONT apply BP inside your nose.

Get a cotton bud and dab it with a little aloe vera gel. Gently insert and dab it in your nostril. That should bring the inflammation down.

Old 04-02-2003, 05:29 AM   #4
Veteran

laur HB User
I always get these pimples inside. Mine are from lupus and I've had them off and on for 5 years now, so I know what works best on them . At least for me. If you use a little neosporin inside that should help. Don't apply BP because part of the reason they form is dryness. You can also use bacitracin and that works pretty well too. Don't use regular vaseline. Also, I'm not familiar with using aloe vera. I may try that next time myself. I used to get them more often, but now I use the neosporin every couple days and it seems to keep them from forming.

L

Old 04-02-2003, 05:42 AM   #5

newgirl HB User
I have actually gotten huge cysts on the inside tip of my nose. They made my nose swell up so much, and they were so painful that I had to go and get them drained. I was told that they were probably formed by an ingrown hair...so it definitely does happen.

Old 04-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #6

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
I used BP on a recent nostril-zit, and it was fine. Wasn't too drying at all (I used Neutrogena's On the Spot Acne Treatment)

Old 04-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #7

Forcefed4 HB User
Like newgirl said, I got a pimple inside my nostril recently, and it was 2 days after I used a new nose hair trimmer that my wife bought. The trimmer was pulling hairs out more than cutting, and what I got in my nostril was an ingrown hair. Hurt like a MFer. Nothing I could do except wait it out.

Kev

Old 04-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #8

Forcefed4 HB User
Like newgirl said, I got a pimple inside my nostril recently, and it was 2 days after I used a new nose hair trimmer that my wife bought. The trimmer was pulling hairs out more than cutting, and what I got in my nostril was an ingrown hair. Hurt like a MFer. Nothing I could do except wait it out.

Kev

Old 04-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
I've had that a couple of times and ouch did it hurt.

Old 04-02-2003, 03:27 PM   #10
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
I just got one today, and one inside my ear too.

Old 04-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User
I used to get them inside my nose too. I also used to get cystic pimples in my earlobes. Now thats pain.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #12
(male)

ZitInMyNoze HB User
Thumbs up Re: ANYBODY HAVING PIMPLES GROWN IN THEIR NOSTRILS???

Ive been suffering this for the last two days, its either an ingrown hair i have and or a zit groing inside my nosrtil. I do not normally get any acne unless im extremly stressed (as i have been recently) but i did have allergies all last week as if they were not annoying enough now i have this to deal with and i'd say i'd rather just have my allergies back!!!. Im guessing from rubbing my nose stuffing it with kleenx etc,,,is how this came about, it was fairly mild at firt and a few tylenols helped then i either took to many or this thing is just taken me over completley.
Lastnight i woke up many times almost in tears because of this thing in my nose, everytime i would bump it i woke up in severe pain. Well tonight when i went to bed it was killing me!! took a sleeping pill which helped but i only slept about an hour then woke up and its worse than ever!!
My Cures that kinda worked, seeing as almost nothing would/could give any relief. My fist thought was bring down the swelling and it may lessen the pain so i froze some wet q-tips,,, believe it or not afte rthe inital pain of just getting the q-tip in there i was surprised the pain had lessened some but this was VERY temporary, so i finally searched the web and found this place.
I read here on the web that triple antibiotic ointment would help, i didnt even know i had any but im glad i did!! I put some on a q-tip and got the inside of my nostril wet with it, i waited and writhed in pain for the next 30 mins and still no relief, i noticed i had a half of a Vicodin/hydrocodone leftand thought YES!!! but if i take it only half will not be enuff to help and i'd rather save it for tomorrow incase this still gets worse.
So i took the broken end of the pill and i crunched a very little bit of it on my desk then i rolled my triple antibiotic ointment q-tip in the powder making sure to get plenty on it but not to much that it would burn!! i crammed that up and in where it hurt and found out the further i went the more it hurt but i had no choice this is the cure!! or at least for some temporary relief!! Thank god cause i was about to go to the emergency room because the pain was so bad!! Now i understand most may not have Vicodin/hydrocodone laying around, and i usualyy dont either but a friend gave me one a week or two ago for some back pain so i got lucky i had kept half of it. I would guess that tyelneol and or some other pain killers would also work just maybe not as fast or long.
So noze zitters quit pickin!! if you want relief now then for sure use a q-tip with triple antibiotic ointment and a lil pain killer powder and maybe you can at least sleep!! which im about to go do myself!! Farewell!!

ZitInMyNoze!

Closed Thread