It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2004, 02:21 AM   #1
(male)

GJ777 HB User
Little bumps deep in the skin: What are they?

I have a large number of small lumps deep in the skin on my face. They are not particularly noticable normally but if I stretch my skin tight, you can see them clearly. They're small, circular and flesh colored. Some of them are poppable (not sure if that's the right word) and some of them are not. When "popped" they spit out an extremely thin white strand. It's not like pus from a regular pimple but more of..... I don't really know. It's just a long, white, strand of something that is very thin, straight and more like clay (not the right word again) than liquid.

I don't know what these things are and I would like to know what they are and how I can go about getting rid of them. I realize my best option is the dermatologist but in the meantime, I'm curious.

I'm currently on Differin cream at night and Klaron in the morning.

The lumps are predominantly on my cheeks and chin but they appear on my forehead on occasion as well. Like I said, they're primarily noticable when I stretch the skin on my face in a certain direction.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Old 07-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Little bumps deep in the skin: What are they?

Yea I know exactly what youíre talking about. I have a lot of those around my mouth. There really annoying because Iíve found that you cant really do anything about them except wait for them to come out on there own. Mine have improved over time but as far as doing anything to get rid of them I havenít found anything. But I have found that you shouldnít touch them, just let them come out naturally. If you try to get them out early it really aggravates them and can just make them more annoying then they already are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

I get those same type of little "bumps" on my nose and chin. However, I wouldn't even qualify mine as "bumps" b/c they are so deep! My skin is actually smooth and somewhat oily in the T-zone area (where thery occur). When I wear make-up, you can't even tell they are there. The only thing I can think of is that they are clogged pores. Even though I always exfoliate with a daily scrub, they still don't go away!

I apply Duac Topical Gel (at night) and take Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo BCP to help my cystic acne, but this routine doesn't seem to help with these deep "bumps."

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these without aggravating the skin? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2004, 04:24 PM   #4

DSoCali HB User

Yup, I believe I have these as well. I posted about this last night, but my post wasn't as accurate as yours. They're located on the lower right side of my chin and some on my left side. I'll just leave them alone until I can find something to get rid of them.

Last edited by DSoCali; 07-20-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Old 07-20-2004, 08:53 PM   #5
(male)

GJ777 HB User

I'm thinking it might be clogged pores as well but I don't know. They're annoying because sometimes they grow into regular pimples.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you smoke? Cigarettes, I mean. I'm thinking that maybe that could be the cause, but I don't know.

Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 PM   #6
(female)

euglena HB User

I have those too! some of them are on my chest and it looks really bad when I wear scoop necked shirts.

I think they're called malia, and are due to clogged pores and dead skin trapped in them.

Any insight would be appreciated by myself as well.

Old 07-21-2004, 12:33 AM   #7

spikie HB User

i've got those too and i don't smoke

Old 07-21-2004, 01:34 AM   #8
(male)

GJ777 HB User

I'm starting a trend!

Well, I'm setting up a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. Lord knows when I'll actually get in but hopefully seeing him will clear things up (pun intended) on what this is.

Old 07-21-2004, 02:23 AM   #9

KrissC. HB User

I have something similiar I think as well.. When I stretch or pull the skin I see these little bumps under the skin .. they look like little whiteheads and I can easily squeeze them to get that white "junk" out of them, and sometimes they turn into pimples.. and most times they don't but my skin can look bumpy from them.. Even if I do squeeze the white crap out of them, the whitehead always has more junk in it under the skin the next day.. I get them on my nose .. the inside of my cheeks and chin.. I don't know what to do .. they won't go awayy~!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:13 AM   #10

DSoCali HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ777
I'm starting a trend!

Well, I'm setting up a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. Lord knows when I'll actually get in but hopefully seeing him will clear things up (pun intended) on what this is.
Please give us the 411

Old 07-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #11

glow83 HB User

I would love to hear too what your derm says because I have these too although I think mine are from starting BCP.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #12
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

I don't smoke and I still get them.

Glow, I think we both posted regarding BCPs before, but if you think your tiny "bumps" are caused by your BCP, I would check with your derm about a possible pill switch. I am currently on OTC-Lo, but used to get the tiny "bumps" before I started my BCP, so who knows??

I need to make an appt. with my derm sometime soon, so if I get any info I will let you guys know as well!

Old 07-26-2004, 08:27 PM   #13

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User

wow! I thought i was the only one who gets those strange bumps. The funny thing is you cant see them, unless ur stretch ur skin a certain way. I have them on my chin. If anyone goes to the derm please inform me about those bumps.

Closed Thread