It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 02:11 PM   #1

fawnb HB User
DIANE 35 user for over 2 years on and off...

I've been on and off Diane 35 for over 2 years and am now very confused what to do, stay on or off?? I am currently off Diane 35 using Ortho Novum..but am now starting to break out like a teenager going through puberty (I am 27)...Diane 35 IS the only acne med that's worked for me but the side effects are almost unbearable...Weight gain and MOOD SWINGS from hell I'm confused because I have embarrasing cystic acne all over my face without the Diane but am normal on the inside, but with Diane I have almost perfect skin (I mean hardly a breakout ever!!) but can't deal with the moodswings and weight gain...after about 4 months of being on Diane..So than I decide to stop taking the Diane and within a month I'm back to horrible Cystic acne (Yuck!)..So this starts the process with me going back in forth on the pill off the pill I'm stumped and don't know what choice to make clear skin or my sanity and size, I mean the choice seems obvious but it really isn't that easy of a choice...Anyone have any rec's for what to do..I've tried everything, Proactiv, Spiro, Tetracycline, Ortho TryCyclen, Ortho Novum, Murad...etc...and Diane is the only thing that works...but the side effect are awful....

Old 07-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #2

lulu00 HB User
Re: DIANE 35 user for over 2 years on and off...

sorry to hear that fawn
i was breifly on bc pills and i turned into a complete and total witch!! my girlfriend wanted to kill me!! i also got super depressed. i decided it wasn't worth it. i'd rather have zits than feel that awful all the time.
i am having luck with spiro. 50 mg per day. how long were you on spiro when you tried it and what dose? maybe it would help to try it again? also, i've noticed cutting out the sugar and alcohol, while nearly impossible, really helps my complexion. good luck. i am 29 and i totally feel your pain!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2004, 10:43 PM   #3

fawnb HB User
Wink Re: DIANE 35 user for over 2 years on and off...

Yeah I'm thinking about getting back on Spiro..I really didn't give it a chance...I was actually using Spiro and Diane 35 at the same time so I really couldn't tell which was working for me..I just knew that I had the clearest skin I've ever had in my life with most horrible attitude and lowest sex drive ever..You would think at our age these problems would be behind us but I suppose we have a while longer to deal with it...How well is the Spiro working for you..and where did you primarly get your acne..mine is cheeks and jawline..that take forever to go away..thanks for responding...it's comforting to know someone feels the same way you do....

Old 07-27-2004, 03:36 AM   #4

pimgenet HB User

I was on Diane 35 for several years (mainly for acne), but came off it because of health concerns about being on BCP at this dosage for so long. I switched to Yasmin for a while - maybe you might try this instead? In terms of acne, it worked just as well for me.

Out of the prescription meds I tried, Diane was the most effective for me. However, am now off all BCP, and managing finally to keep my skin clear using diet.

Old 07-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #5

fawnb HB User

I've been thinking about switching to Yasmin, in terms of your acne was it cystic? I'm starting to think that bcp that claim they help with acne is just regular acne not the cystic kind...I'm hoping that Yasmin will work for my cysts...do you think it will..?

Closed Thread