It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 04:34 PM   #1

beka2525 HB User
Angry i hate acne!

ok im 18 and well ive tried just about everything from laser(which im still doing once ever 2 weeks) to pills to creams. ive had moderate acne since about 9th grade....i just went to my derm today and he suggested accutane which ive been wanting 2 do..but i dont have insurance to cover any medications. and he said thats the one thing he wouldnt be able to write it under my sister's name(who was recently taking it) or my moms name. so what am i supossed to do?? its soooo expensive!! ive been on minocyline for about 2 months and it kinda stopped working, so ive had a pretty bad break out the past week or 2 and am really down on myself...i mean this acne thing has reallly really REALLY put my self-esteem to the bottom. i feel horrible about myself, am i alone out there???? so im gonna start getting anti bac peels once a week..he said that this should really help..and im crossing my fingers that this will solve my acne problem. has this helped anyone? like taken away acne for good? and about eating...what foods should i eat and stay away from? im hearing that cereals,milk products, breads, pastas, and bananas can cause acne. i do eat lots of these things so im deciding to change my eating habits. im desperate guys. ill take up all the advice i can get. im using neutrogena purpose wash and finacea some days duac some days and benzaclin some days. but my skin never appears to be flawless...i have super duper sensitive skin. so it gets red very easliy. please help!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: beka2525
rookie1 (10-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 04:45 PM   #2
(male)

Detroit82 HB User
Re: i hate acne!

beka, i just started accutane 5 days ago, and i couldnt imagine paying for it without perscription coverage ( even with it, it is so damn expensive). I have felt the same as you before, i too was on minocycline for two months which helped a little bit but nowhere near what i needed. I too have been considering changing my diet, but i love all the things they tell you not to eat.

Do not get down on yourself, there are so many people in your position. I also think that worrying about it will make it look worse to you as well. I hope that it all turns out for you.

Good luck

Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

for me accutane was the last resort untill I found a link between my diet and my acne. SO I elevated my diet I went from junk food to completely fruits vegetables and nuts no meat or dairy. and it works so maybe you should consider that before you take the big leap and take accutane good luck

Old 07-27-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

shopping list:
blueberries
brocolli
pumpkin (organic, canned, no sugar)
spinach (organic)
kale
collard greens
okra (if available)
sweet potato
avocados
More fruits and vegetables of your choice
walnuts
brazil nuts
raw almonds
raw sunflower seeds
raw pumpkin seeds
psyllium husk
bentonite clay
chinese bitters: coptis, gentian(Lung-tan Tsao), self-Heal, and scutellaria
lemon
garlic
raw honey or agave nectar or xylitol or stevia or 100% maple syrup for sweetener

These are the items, either all or some, which people have found relief through completely eliminating. I would eliminate all to see where you stand:

Food Items and Ingredients to avoid:
Hydrogenated Oils
Gluten
Dairy (all dairy and dairy derivatives in food: lactose, lactate, lacto, caseine, caseinate)
Refined sugar (incl. high fructose corn syrup) and cane sugar
Alcohol
Aspirin
Any and all unnecessary medication including antibiotics and birth control
Red meat, luncheon meats, and nonorganic meats (except sardines)
Heated and/or Denatured and/or Refined and/or Processed oils
Processed and/or Refined and/or Enriched(fortified) grains
Vitamins

Before the diet you should do a simple bowel cleanse. Soak 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of FOOD GRADE (approved for internal use) Bentonite clay in 1 cup of filtered water for 12 hours. Start soaking in the morning. Then add ½ to 1 tablespoon of psyllium husks to the clay mixture and mix well. Drink and eat the whole cup of mixture immediately and then followed by 1 cup of warm water before bedtime. Drink at least 8 cups of warm water a day including 2 cups first thing in the morning. Repeat the procedure until the stool becomes normal (usually 1 to 2 weeks), when no more intestinal cloggings are coming out.

The chinese bitters will heal your liver. You may need more advanced methods such as parasite kills and a liver flush.
"whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" The Lord Jesus Christ (John 11:25-26)

PROMETHEUS POSTED THIS A WHILE AGO I SAVED ON MY PUTER FOR MY REFERENCE HERE YOU GO KID I HOPE THIS HELPS

Old 07-27-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

No one has ever shown that dirt causes acne or that eating certain foods causes acne. There is a lot of evidence that shows acne is hereditary and runs in families.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:31 PM   #6

busybee HB User

I am 30 and have suffered since about 12. It sucks!!! I will tell you that one thing that helped was using Cetaphil bar soap and not changing. It's a great soap and not changing was important to me. I used to go to the drug store and try something new each time and I realized that I was breaking out from that alone. I have changed my diet and this was no cure. I have been on topicals (every kind) and antibiotics(every kind) for years. I have just began Spirolactone. I have not seen a difference other than a reduction in oil. This is a nice change. It's too soon to expect a big difference in the acne. My acne is not horrible enough to really get my derms attention but it's horrible to me- especially considering the amount of money I have spent trying to have nice skin. I get a sick jealousy when I see beautiful flawless skin. I would love to have nice skin.

One more thing. I had a best friend in college who had HORRIBLE acne right before she went on Accutane. It broke my heart to look at her. She kept her head held high and she continued to go out to parties and look people in the eye. She gained so much respect from me b/c of that. So- keep your head up.

Good Luck!

Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by openseason
No one has ever shown that dirt causes acne or that eating certain foods causes acne. There is a lot of evidence that shows acne is hereditary and runs in families.
there WAS a link between my diet and my acne. Just because some famous dermatologist hasnt confirmed the acne/diet connection( and they probably never will) doesn't mean it's illegitimate. so I"M saying that there is a link, can you hear me now? and there are plenty of other people on here too who've had success with diet THANK YOU!

Last edited by Anibanani; 07-28-2004 at 08:32 AM.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:20 PM   #8

glow83 HB User

Hi- it sounds like maybe you should simplify. If you have sensitive skin the multiple products are probably causing irritation. Often in our desire to clear up acne we overuse too many products and don't have patience even though it is very tough. Also changing your diet certainly can't hurt. Water is essential so drink lots. Try just using one of your topicals, a gentle cleansers like purpose and a light moist. like purpose or cetaphil. We all have to find what works for us. I'm in the midst of my worst breakout ever but I won't let it get me. Like this morning on my way to the gym I looked in my car mirror and saw how bad my skin looked and turned around to come home. Once I got home I prayed and realized I can't let acne ruin my life. Like thank God I have the ability to be physically able to go to the gym and workout some people can't do that. So I picked myself right up and went to the gym. I hope this helps a little. Keep your head up and your not alone just look at the number of posts on the Acne board alone Good look pumpkin!!!!

Old 07-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #9

beka2525 HB User

thanks so much glow!! i do need to realize that i am lucky...i have all my physical abilities as well as my health and i thank God for them. thanks 4 the input! i need to stop being so selfish!

Closed Thread