It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User
The Wonders of Aloe Vera

I have to tell you, since I started with Aloe my acne is getting much better and healing faster.

This is what I do. About 90 mins before bed I do my normal routine then afterwards put a thick coat of 100% pure refrigerated aloe vera gel. IT MUST be 100%, not 98%, not 99.5% (althought that might still work) 100%! I get fruit of the looms pure aloe vera gel found at health food stores. now the reason I say 90 mins before bed is because that's about how long it takes for this thick coat to dry up. It feels so nice on your skin too as it goes on nice and cool. So after it dries, head off to bed and wake up in the morning. It looks kinda like your entire face is peeling when you get up. Well wash your hands well and peel it all off in the morning. You'll notice your skin feels much better and often no new pimples.

This has many benefits, it stop the spreading from you tossing around at night (I always wake up with new zits never get them during the day), it helps heal everything on your face faster (including redmarks), and is all natural. Accutane users give it a shot as well.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #2

whyme14 HB User
Re: The Wonders of Aloe Vera

im on day 14 of accutane and would consider that cuz i too find that i only get zits in my sleep...im going to contact my local pharmacy to first check for it there...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 01:01 AM   #3

replay57 HB User

i think this is worth trying. thx

Old 07-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #4
(male)

andrew127 HB User

aloe vera is a good moisturizer too i heard.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #5

Marty286 HB User

doesn't it get all over your pillows though?

Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Tiefer479 HB User

I agree that aloe vera is highly effective, particularly as an anti-inflammatory. The only problems are that it can be somewhat drying for more sensitive skin types, but only very slightly. Also, its antibacterial properties are relatively slight, and bacteria tends to thrive in moist or hot areas (which is obviously why many people find that their acne worsens during the summer). Nevertheless, refridgerated aloe vera is still easily the best aftershave I have ever experimented with.

Old 07-29-2004, 09:26 AM   #7

invisablebeauty HB User

i just might try that again.i remember about 2 summers ago, i got sunburnt on my face and i put aloe vera on it and it really cleared it up. im not sure if it was from the aloe vera and the sun, or just one or the other, but it worked.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:09 AM   #8
Inactive

Virgin Lizzy HB User

I can't find it anywhere.
Any name syou guys can give me, shops where I can buy?

What about avocado and mint masks?
they are supposed to be good!

Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew127
aloe vera is a good moisturizer too i heard.
It is a good moisturizer but I personally wouldn't wear it during the day. Just because it peels and stuff, plus too much of anything I feel is never a good thing, so I just put it on overnight.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty286
doesn't it get all over your pillows though?
Not really no, I haven't noticed anything. However, remember I let most of it dry before I go to bed. Last night though I went to bed with it barely dry at all and woke up in the morning with no "noticeable" traces on my bed and just the regular mask in the morning.

It's really cool when you peel it off in the morning, if you had like dried up zits and stuff they peel off with it, plus I have noticed the redness going down with only 3 nights.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #11
Inactive

Virgin Lizzy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutane Dude
Not really no, I haven't noticed anything. However, remember I let most of it dry before I go to bed. Last night though I went to bed with it barely dry at all and woke up in the morning with no "noticeable" traces on my bed and just the regular mask in the morning.

It's really cool when you peel it off in the morning, if you had like dried up zits and stuff they peel off with it, plus I have noticed the redness going down with only 3 nights.
Now I really must try!
Tell me where to buy!

Old 07-29-2004, 10:33 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgin Lizzy
Now I really must try!
Tell me where to buy!
Your best bet is all natural health food stores. Or just any health food store in general.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Tiefer479 HB User

Hmm, I've never noticed the peeling effect you've described - my skin seems to absord most of what I apply overnight, leaving a light residue that washes easily away in the morning. To the person who asked about availability, you will likely need to go to a healthfood store to find a pure aloe vera gel - I use Lily of the Desert.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieferSchlummer
Hmm, I've never noticed the peeling effect you've described - my skin seems to absord most of what I apply overnight, leaving a light residue that washes easily away in the morning. To the person who asked about availability, you will likely need to go to a healthfood store to find a pure aloe vera gel - I use Lily of the Desert.
I put a very very thick coat on though, which might be why.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #15

tweedy HB User

Could you also use aloe straight from the plant?

Closed Thread