It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

rose79 HB User
praise for Paula's Choice products

hey everyone

okay, so we all know that acne cant be cured with topicals alone. however, i've been having some MAJOR success with paula's choice products, and i just wanted to share it with all of you. (im also taking an omega 3 EFA/zinc vitamin regimen, which is definitely helping as well.)

here's my story, in brief:
i've struggled with mild acne for years, mostly milia-esque bumps on my cheeks and chin which would eventually, one by one, turn into huge scary zits which would take forever to go away. plus i have very oily skin. earlier in the summer however, i had to take doxycycline for 3 weeks for something unrelated to acne and my skin broke out like crazy. it was like all of the little bumps i already had turned into huge pimples ALL AT THE SAME TIME! that's when i started visiting this board and others and i found out about paula's choice stuff. after i got off the doxy (thank god) i started taking the vitamins and using her products. its been less than 2 weeks and i cannot believe the improvement in my skin. the remnants of the breakout i had are healing very quickly, and my skin is just smoother and prettier in general. also the oil seems to be very much under control. i've used lots of products, including some reccomended to me by a dermatologist, to no avail. her stuff is really great--gentle but powerful. and no, i dont work for the company. i just wanted to share some success and hope with the group.

here's what i use:
one step daily face wash
2% BHA liquid solution
2.5% bp blemish fighting solution (at night only)
oil absorbing mask (2x a week)

its all reasonably priced too. i ordered all that plus a facial sunblock and it cost me about 50 bucks. not tested on animals either. the website is www.cosmeticscop.com but if the link doesnt work just do a search for paula's choice on google or whatever, and you should be able to find it.

good wishes to everybody
rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

HannahUK HB User
Re: praise for Paula's Choice products

Hey,

I just want to add my conflicting results! I started using Sage products which calmed my skin down significatly, however it is rather pricey, so I ordered some paulas choice products just to test them out. Disaster! I admit that it made my skin incredibly smooth, but it also caused my skin to break out into hundreds of teeny tiny little bumps - especially over my cheeks and forehead. I went back onto Sage and within a couple of days they had gone.

But it's worth trying out because everyone is different. However if it does not suit your skin I would definintely suggest the sage range. I use the grains, the facial shampoo, the MSSR (skin relief) and the fix zit products (from the acne/sensitive try-me pack). They also have a lovely sunblock with doubles as a moisturiser, and a moisturiser called Old Lady cream which is the ONLY moisturising product I have found that does not give me spots.

Unfortunately it's a LOT more expensive than PC, but when it comes to my skin I'm not that bothered about the price! I have wasted SO much money on trying different things, I'm just happy to finally be spending my money on sommet that works.

Old 07-31-2004, 01:56 AM   #3

soulman HB User
Re: praise for Paula's Choice products

Hello Rose79
I tried PC BHA, BP and Oil Absorbing mask, however they didn't do much. I am a big fan of Paula and I think she's great. I found that the BHA and BP make my skin even oilier. Probably because I apply too much. Anyway GL to you.

Closed Thread