It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #1

Dammit HB User
Nothin worked, not even accutane, now what?, seriously need help please

hey im 19 years old and im going to make this real short and to the point, i have had acne since i was 14 years old, over the 5 year course i have spent well over 10,000$ just treating my acne alone, with my money, i spent alot on accutane this past january thinking this would cure me, it worked a bit but 1 months after i stoped, acne is back and again real bad, i have severely bad acne and on top of that serverly bad acne scars, i go through the day to day struggle like everyone else that has acne, not wanting to go out, scared when people look at me, ect ect, what i would like you guys to help me with is there anything else i can try out there? everyone keeps telling me dont give up theres something out there for you? but i have tried everything, and i think just about everything, only thing maybe i havent tried is that new murad whatever i seen the commericals, that and probly something called natures cure or something,? tried everything from accutane to b5, eating healthy, all the derm pills, all the over the counter produts, proactiv and so on, SO PLEASE HELP ME GUYS AND TELL ME THERES SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT CAN CURE MY ACNE AND HELP ME ! thanks and god bless you all.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dammit:
BrokenSword (10-13-2011)
Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
(male)

spiro9210 HB User
Re: Nothin worked, not even accutane, now what?, seriously need help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammit
i spent alot on accutane this past january thinking this would cure me, it worked a bit but 1 months after i stoped, acne is back and again real bad, i have severely bad acne and on top of that serverly bad acne scars
How long did you say you stayed on accutane?!! If it is only for a month, you should have stayed alot longer. 3 - 6 months depending on how long your doctor prescribes it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2004, 03:31 PM   #3

Dammit HB User

sorry been on it for 4 months, i meant after 1 month off accutane its back and real bad now.

Old 08-15-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
(male)

spiro9210 HB User

Quote:
sorry been on it for 4 months, i meant after 1 month off accutane its back and real bad now.
I really don't think there is anything stronger than Accutane. I can only recommend that you return and start again. There are people who have seen dramatically reduced acne for 1 - 2 years by returning to accutane after poor or failed results from the initial process.

Last edited by spiro9210; 08-15-2004 at 03:48 PM.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

now I don't know exactly what you ate when you tried eating healthy but most people think they're eating right when the truth is even foods that are supposed to beg ood for you can make you break out. So anyway I was at the verge of going on accutane when I found out about this specific diet I was sceptical at first but then I tried it anyway and guess what? it worked I see results repeatedly because sometime when I go to a party or something and I have to eat whatever my face goes insane then I get back to eating right it clears up. I saved this on my puter for my reference, Prometheus originally posted it. good luck to you and I hope you seriously think about this.

shopping list:
blueberries
brocolli
pumpkin (organic, canned, no sugar)
spinach (organic)
kale
collard greens
okra (if available)
sweet potato
avocados
More fruits and vegetables of your choice
walnuts
brazil nuts
raw almonds
raw sunflower seeds
raw pumpkin seeds
psyllium husk
bentonite clay
chinese bitters: coptis, gentian(Lung-tan Tsao), self-Heal, and scutellaria
lemon
garlic
raw honey or agave nectar or xylitol or stevia or 100% maple syrup for sweetener

These are the items, either all or some, which people have found relief through completely eliminating. I would eliminate all to see where you stand:

Food Items and Ingredients to avoid:
Hydrogenated Oils
Gluten
Dairy (all dairy and dairy derivatives in food: lactose, lactate, lacto, caseine, caseinate)
Refined sugar (incl. high fructose corn syrup) and cane sugar
Alcohol
Aspirin
Any and all unnecessary medication including antibiotics and birth control
Red meat, luncheon meats, and nonorganic meats (except sardines)
Heated and/or Denatured and/or Refined and/or Processed oils
Processed and/or Refined and/or Enriched(fortified) grains
Vitamins

Before the diet you should do a simple bowel cleanse. Soak 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of FOOD GRADE (approved for internal use) Bentonite clay in 1 cup of filtered water for 12 hours. Start soaking in the morning. Then add ½ to 1 tablespoon of psyllium husks to the clay mixture and mix well. Drink and eat the whole cup of mixture immediately and then followed by 1 cup of warm water before bedtime. Drink at least 8 cups of warm water a day including 2 cups first thing in the morning. Repeat the procedure until the stool becomes normal (usually 1 to 2 weeks), when no more intestinal cloggings are coming out.

The chinese bitters will heal your liver. You may need more advanced methods such as parasite kills and a liver flush.
"whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die" The Lord Jesus Christ (John 11:25-26)

Last edited by prometheus : 03-11-2004 at 07:02 AM.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #6
(male)

spiro9210 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibanani
These are the items, either all or some, which people have found relief through completely eliminating. I would eliminate all to see where you stand:
Eating right is different for everyone. If a diet works for you, it can be a nightmare diet for someone else. As far as diet, you will have to find out what works for you. I recommend observing your eating habits. You should watch for what works and what doesn't. I noticed that I break out less by surviving on McDonalds. Yes! McDonalds. I have been doing this for months. I guess there is something in McDonalds that helps to balance my hormones. Some people need more of "this" than "that." You may need more vitamin a and omega 3 in your diet. On the other hand, I may have more Vitamin a and Omega 3 than I need, and I would need other vitamins to balance it out. Otherwise, I will have a breakout. Thats the deal with diet.

Just go back to accutane. Lets be real, there isn't anything else out there.

Old 08-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #7

Dammit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiro9210
I really don't think there is anything stronger than Accutane. I can only recommend that you return and start again. There are people who have seen dramatically reduced acne for 1 - 2 years by returning to accutane after poor or failed results from the initial process.
Yea but problem is that i have no insurance so thats about 700$ a month and seriously broke.,

As for the diet yes ani ive tried 75% of what you listed for months and still do acne or not i eat healthy.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:52 PM   #8

indy gal HB User

I have to second what Ani said, because I tried it and it does work. The problem is that: a) Trying it 75% is not good enough... you have to do it 100% b) You have to give it 2-3 months to see definite results, although you should notice improvement after 1 month.

That diet and bowel cleanse did work for me. Antiobiotics, accutane, low fat dieting or other diets did not. The problem is that the diet is very, very strict and hard to stick with long enough for people to see the results they are hoping for.

My skin cleared up beautifully when I eliminated everything on Ani's list from Prometheus. I did the bowel cleanse and followed the diet for 2 months. My face stayed clear! Then I gradually starting eating junk food again. A cookie here, some ice cream there. A zit would always follow 2-3 days later.

Now I follow a paleolithic diet Monday-Friday and have some snack foods on weekends. This keeps my pimples to a bear minimum. Do some reading about the Paleolithic diet. It eliminates a lot of the "problem foods" (such as grains and dairy) and encourages eating a lot of fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds which are very good for you. Think of it this way: You have nothing to loose by trying the diet out for a month, and possibly a lot to gain. My only advice is if you do try it out, give it 100% of your effort.

Last edited by indy gal; 08-15-2004 at 05:59 PM.

Old 08-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

well said Indy gal. The diet is very hard to keep up in todays modern world of fast food convenience, but it pays off trust me. You have to give it your 100% not 75 or 85 you have to get rid of all the agressors and then your skin will clear up, otherwise you're just going back in circles.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:05 PM   #10

Dammit HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy gal
I have to second what Ani said, because I tried it and it does work. The problem is that: a) Trying it 75% is not good enough... you have to do it 100%
I did not mean i didnt give it my all and 100%, i meant all the fruits and foods she listed was 75% of my diet and i was on it for half a year, and still am, acne or not i want to stay healthly.

Last edited by Dammit; 08-15-2004 at 08:07 PM.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:06 PM   #11

lilybet HB User

HI there,
You may to check with an endocrine doctor. High levels of testosterone and a conditon called Polycystic ovary syndrome may be the cause as well as over active adrenal glands. You have to keep pushing your doctor to go further than the run of the milll treatments.
Good luck

Old 08-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #12

Ken454 HB User

Dammit, dont worry the same thing happened to me. Accutain didn't work for me. It was to strong for my facial skin. You might have sensitive skin like me.
I then tried Clindamycin Phosphate. The Clindamycin Phosphate was literally eating my skin. Is the Accutain making you break out more, or is it causing red marks?
You want to know what cleared my Acne.
Neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment. Its a lotion with salicylic acid and lots of vitamins. It costs like 5 99 in drug stores. This lotion cleared my facial skin in 3 weeks. It was amazing.

My routine is, I'm using a neutrogena Cleanser. The Deep clean gentile scrub. I also sometimes use a Loreal Vitamin C gel cleanser. I'm using a Dove Toner which has no alcohol in it. The Dove has alot of Vitamins in it. If you have really oily skin. I would probably recommend a toner with alcohol. The Loreal Toner with Vitamin C is very good. Then I use Neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment. All this probably cost 17 dollars and it totally cleared my face in 3 weeks. The Accutain and Clindamycin Phosphate which i paid hundreds of dollars for. That made my facial skin so much worse. I wouldn't use the Accutain if its making your skin worse and you've been on it for a month.

For your back acne, have you tried the Neutrogena or Phisoderm Body Wash. Both of them have Salicylic Acid in it. I would try either one. If neither works, I would try, Dial Daily Care Body Wash. Aloe. Its a 2 in 1 cleanser plus mosturizer. Its 18 Fl Oz. This did a good job of getting rid of my back acne.

Last edited by Ken454; 08-15-2004 at 10:49 PM.

Old 08-16-2004, 05:10 AM   #13

indy gal HB User

Quote:
I did not mean i didnt give it my all and 100%, i meant all the fruits and foods she listed was 75% of my diet and i was on it for half a year, and still am, acne or not i want to stay healthly.

While 75% is pretty good, you are not seeing results because you have not cut out the "foods to be eliminated" 100%. When I was in the initial stages of the diet, if I ate one cookie, a little bit of butter (dairy), a handful of roasted peanuts (another acne trigger, by the way) I would have a pimple in 2-3 days. Guaranteed! And I was eating what was on the list. The bowel cleanse, well, that helps clean you out and removes toxins from your body, which helps the skin's appearance a lot.

Trust me, I know this isn't the easy solution. Go ahead and try Ken's suggestion if that sounds more appealing. You came here looking for help. Ani and I both had success with the same thing (as have others who no longer post here). Dieting (or better said, changing your eating habits) is just the one solution that people are most resistant to try.

I tried it and know that for me, it works. Thanks to the 2 months I dieted and the bowel cleanse, I am now more tolerant to the foods that once triggered huge pimples for me. If I don't follow the diet 100%, it is because I am satisfied knowing that if my skin gets too bad, the only thing I have to do is go back to eating the "right way" and it will clear back up again.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:41 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy gal
If I don't follow the diet 100%, it is because I am satisfied knowing that if my skin gets too bad, the only thing I have to do is go back to eating the "right way" and it will clear back up again.
That's exactly how I feel too Indy, it feels good knowing that no matter how bad my skin gets from eating junk food I know that I can always get it cleared up with my diet, After using every prescription on the planet and over the counter crap it's nice to know I finally found a solution for my problem now I can focus on more imprtant things in life.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:56 AM   #15

tonyparker HB User

Quote:
hey im 19 years old and im going to make this real short and to the point, i have had acne since i was 14 years old, over the 5 year course i have spent well over 10,000$ just treating my acne alone, with my money, i spent alot on accutane this past january thinking this would cure me, it worked a bit but 1 months after i stoped, acne is back and again real bad, i have severely bad acne and on top of that serverly bad acne scars, i go through the day to day struggle like everyone else that has acne, not wanting to go out, scared when people look at me, ect ect, what i would like you guys to help me with is there anything else i can try out there? everyone keeps telling me dont give up theres something out there for you? but i have tried everything, and i think just about everything, only thing maybe i havent tried is that new murad whatever i seen the commericals, that and probly something called natures cure or something,? tried everything from accutane to b5, eating healthy, all the derm pills, all the over the counter produts, proactiv and so on, SO PLEASE HELP ME GUYS AND TELL ME THERES SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT CAN CURE MY ACNE AND HELP ME ! thanks and god bless you all.
hey damnit
I'm sorry it's been so hard to get rid of your acne. I'm 32 and also have acne problems. Have you ever heard of Hydroxycut? Probably. They're diet-pills (USE EPHEDRA-FREE FORMULA ONLY!!!).. guess what, not only did I lose the weight, but one unintended result was my face has been totally clear of acne, for about 4 months. now I think my body has become resistant to hydroxycut so I have to figure out new ways to get rid of my acne. Yea, it only lasted so long but guess what... for four months, life was beautiful for me, my friend. acne lowers my self-esteem to such a point that I want to end myself. when my face is clear, I'm on top of the world, so taking the 'cut was worth it.

--tony parker

Closed Thread