It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 07:40 PM   #1
(male)

ThePhilosopher HB User
Acne and Dandruff

Hello everyone. I am new to the board and was wondering if someone out there has tips on dealing with stubborn dandruff. I know this is an acne board but I have read that acne and dandruff go hand-in-hand for many acne sufferers. I am not familiar with the specifics but it would obviously have to do with the oil build-up in the scalp. At the end of the day my scalp is fairly greasy. I shower twice a day due to this. I've used Selson Blue, Neutragena T/Gel and T/Sal, as well as Nizorel and all to no avail. Maybe I'm using the products too little or too often? I normally used them twice a day every two or three days with Head and Shoulders in-between. Has anyone had luck with these products or others? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Acne and Dandruff

You might have something called "". I forgot the name but it starts with a "c". In your case, your body creates extra oil on your scalp, which clumps up and falls off. It doesnít necessarily cause acne. But if that is the case, you can get a special shampoo that should clear it up pretty fast. I donít think it available over the counter, so you might need to go to a dermatologist. If a dermatologist looked at your scalp they would know in a second if you needed the special shampoo or not. Sorry about being so vague, I just canít remember all the names of the products.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
(female)

unruhe HB User
Re: Acne and Dandruff

Do a search on the web for seborrheic dermatitis. It is commonly mistaken for acne. Acne products will not help.

I have an oily scalp, and my skin peels around my eyebrows, nose, and chin. Mositurizing does not stop the peeling.

My dermatologist said to use ZNP bar soap/shampoo bar. They sell it at Eckerd for about $8. (If it's not in the soap aisle, it's in the shampoo aisle)This thing has done wonders. I no longer peel on my face. You can also use it as a shampoo. I only wash the hairline, I don't do my whole head.

Give it a shot. It's only $8. I'd bet money that's what you have. BTW, I started using it as a body soap for my bacne and it's totally cleared up. The ZNP bar has zinc in it, which is good for your skin!

Last edited by unruhe; 08-20-2004 at 11:28 AM.

Closed Thread