It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

rainbowdawn HB User
Huge chin pimples.....

I had acne as a teenager, nothing real serious. I am now 41 years old and getting HUGE, deep pimples on my chin area. You can't really pop them as they seem to be deep(under the skin) and they are SO big. I have 3 right now. I try to cover with make-up and it helps some but they are so annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
Re: Huge chin pimples.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdawn
I had acne as a teenager, nothing real serious. I am now 41 years old and getting HUGE, deep pimples on my chin area. You can't really pop them as they seem to be deep(under the skin) and they are SO big. I have 3 right now. I try to cover with make-up and it helps some but they are so annoying. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
I used to get GIGANTIC cysts on my chin area. Like you said, they can't be popped. And they would throb and hurt pretty bad. Nothing worked for me except getting cortisone injections. 24 hours later, completely gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
(female)

rainbowdawn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
I used to get GIGANTIC cysts on my chin area. Like you said, they can't be popped. And they would throb and hurt pretty bad. Nothing worked for me except getting cortisone injections. 24 hours later, completely gone.
How can you tell if they are cysts instead of acne?

Old 08-23-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowdawn
How can you tell if they are cysts instead of acne?
I would get pimples that I could easily pop (I know, a big no no) and they would be gone before I knew it. The cysts were deep under the skin, never came to a head, hurt like hell, and they'd be pretty big. They'd also last for weeks, and some of the ones I've had have lasted for months. I went to a derm to see what they could do to help me out. He monitored me for a few months on different medications and told me that I had severe and persistent cysts and I started taking accutane.

Closed Thread