It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #1

Nave208 HB User
Isolated Acne Problems?

I am in my mid 20's and I have had light acne for about 4 years, but whats strange is its only on my chin below my lips. My entire face is 100% clear except this area which I have persistant acne that wont seem to go away. I dont even have to use any products on the rest of my face and it stays clear but this one spot ALWAYS is troublesome. Does anyone else have anything similar to this, or know what the best stuff to use is? I have tried almost every product, Retin A, Benzaclin, Proactive, etc etc and none of it is totally effective it always returns.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Isolated Acne Problems?

Yea that is strange how you just have it in one spot. The only thing to really use would be the same products that everyone else uses for acne. Have you tried taking pills and changing your diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #3
Inactive

Nc84ever HB User

Same with me I just turned 20 LIke my whole age of 19 I just had it on my chin and sometimes on my neck. I guess its cus its hormonal When i use my proactiv i only apply in the T zone cus i noticed butting it all over aggravates my neck and jaw line I ben pimple free for a week thanks to b 5 But damn i can feel a pain in my cheeck i hope its not a pimple forming Geeeeeez i hope not Im gunna nuke it with a refining mask send those little **** balls back in to the depths of hell

Old 08-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #4
(female)

Shy One HB User

I'm 20 and I have a problem similar to yours. A litte over a year ago I got acne all over my face. There wasn't an area of my face where I didn't break out. Now I never get any on my cheeks. I haven't even put topicals or anything on them for over a year. They just cleared up on their own. I can keep the rest of my face clear with topicals and BC. The only area that I absolutely cannot get to clear is my chin. I have tons of tiny pimples covering my chin. I've just given up on it.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
(female)

idealist HB User

there was a thread a while back about flouride from toothpaste causing acne just around the mouth area. some people have a sensitivity/allergy to it i guess. search for "flouride" on this board and you should be able to find the thread. also, google "acne and flouride" for more info. try using flouride free toothpaste for a few weeks. good luck!

Last edited by idealist; 08-28-2004 at 09:55 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Old 08-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #6

Finland HB User

I am the same way. I asked my derm about this and she said that is where the sebacious glands are biggest. Sebacious glands being the ones that produce sebum and give us all hell. I've never had a zit anywhere other than this area but tons in that area. I've recently been taking a centrum once-a-day and a 30 mg zinc supplement. It's been working AWESOME although I'm not ready to say that the problem is solved yet. But I did recently read that a symptom of zinc deficieny is acne.

Closed Thread