It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Question Tazorac

Ive heard alot about Tazorac on this site and would really like some information about it as i have not heard of it before.
Is it a new product for acne?
Is it available in the U.K?
Is it a prescription Drug?
Is it an Antibiotic?
Does it dry the skin?
Sorry for all the questions but id really like to hear from any of you guys if you have tried it.
Cheers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 05:38 AM   #2

PoisonTheWell HB User
I started to use it about two weeks ago

I don't think that it is a very new product

I am not sure if you can get it in the U.K.

Is is a perscreiption in the U.S.

Is is actually a cream, it kind of looks like super glue, even the tube it comes in does.

It is very very drying, more so then even differn. I was told only to use a little on my nose fore blackheads and pores, only every other day at night.

I have not seen any great results from it yet, but then again nothing has ever worked on my nose before

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 10:11 AM   #3
(female)

Red Bean HB User
Hi,

I am currently using tazorac and as harsh as it may be, it works. I'm using it in conjunction with obagi nu-derm and glytone products. Here's the deal: the tazorac will purge your skin of the junk hanging around deep in your pores. And yes, it is drying. Plus, it takes up to 6 weeks for that junk to make it's way to the surface. So your skin will DEFINITELY get worse before it gets better. But if you can hang in there it's well worth the wait. I'm on week 4 and it was pretty disgusting - you can literally see all the junk coming out of your pores!!! But now my acne has cleared up and my skin is just a little pinkish from the exfoliating effect of the tazorac and obagi/glytone products combined. It works. You have to be patient but it works.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2003, 12:26 AM   #4

FacialDiscrimination HB User
Hey Red Bean just curious how are you applying the Tazorac...are you putting it on and washing it off after a few mins or 30 mins or so..or do you apply on before you sleep?

Old 04-06-2003, 03:00 PM   #5

hiroller HB User
FD i apply tazorac at night and leave it on all night tomorow will be week 2 so far so good ill keep ya posted

Old 04-06-2003, 03:44 PM   #6
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
sounds like Retin-A.

Old 04-06-2003, 05:26 PM   #7

FacialDiscrimination HB User
Yeah last night i applied it and left it on all night...it actually cleared up alot of the small bumps I had around my hairline...yeah Tazorac is working pretty good so far..alot of the marks that were left behind from past pimples are peeling off....which is a good thing...

Old 04-06-2003, 06:49 PM   #8

Scarface666 HB User
hey scouse its not available here

Old 04-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #9
(female)

Red Bean HB User
Sorry! I posted on this thread so long ago I didn't know it was still going! Anyway yeah - I put it on OVERNIGHT. I usually mix it with a hydroquinone treatment like glytone. Then I put a little extra over top the areas that have worse scarring or usually break out. It really does a crazy job of purging what's under your skin - you have to resist popping it all!!! The crazy part is under scars where I thought the pimple had gone is where the most purging happens.

Old 04-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #10

SunShineGerl HB User
Does Tazorac work for Acne scars or discoloration?

`Sunshine Gerl

Closed Thread