It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 AM   #1
Inactive

Sahuja HB User
Exclamation A Hole on my nose from popping a whitehead. Help!

Hello all,

Well, about 2 weeks ago, I had a painful zit on my nose, which grew a pretty big whitehead. I had to go out so I popped the whitehead...for about 6-7 days it left a red splotch. Now, the red splotchiness is gone, but there is a very red pin hole right on my nose. It is very visible.It is like this black hole... In fact my husband noticed it too, and he never notices this stuff...I am hoping it looks that bad because this area is just discolored,...its really depressing because it is right there... I hate this... I am so sick and tired of this. Have had acne for 10 years (im 25). Have been on spiro for a year, but still moderately break out. Over that, I have one of those model looking husbands so I feel even worse when these things "pop up", since he has this lovely clear skin. I want to get rid of these stupid discolorations and holes...ARGH. Anyways, any experience with something like the hole on my nose? Any advice to make it go away? Will it go away?? I have dark skin (Indian). I am really ready to take some drastic measures... So sick of battling this crap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
(male)

Green1 HB User
Re: A Hole on my nose from popping a whitehead. Help!

try rubbing some ice on it to shrink it. It might just be a big pore. Or if your taking any topicals like retin-a mirco put some of it on the hole day and night, and just rinse it off with water and don't irritate it. Hope this helps!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 09:45 AM   #3
Inactive

Sahuja HB User

Hi,
So should I not use an at home microdermbrasion cream on it? Will that irritate it further??

Old 08-31-2004, 10:24 AM   #4

gilligan HB User

Because you mentioned that it is still red, i wouldn't put much on it at all- especially don't scrub or use any exfoliants. It's probably still very irritated and the skin needs to heal. I think I know what you mean because I've popped whiteheads before and there was so much pressure behind it that it left a hole in the skin where stuff came out. It did heal quickly, but I think with the nose, that skin is so thin that it takes longer.

If anything, I'd just keep it clean and put neosporin on it at night. When the redness goes away, if there's still a noticeable hole, try one of the pore minimizing creams ( i think Clarins or one of those lines)

i'm with you on the dark marks- don't have any advice. i've been using Tri-Luma for about 6 weeks and have seen very minor improvement. i'm going to keep using though.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 AM   #5

Finland HB User

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! DO NOT PUT NEOSPORIN ON YOUR ACNE!

Neosporin will work for a bit because of the anti bacterial properties but it will also clog your pores and make things worse in the long run!
Go get some zinc supplements. zinc will boost your immune system and help your body repair itself!

Type in this search on google.

google search: zinc site:[url]www.umm.edu[/url]

I to am sick of battling this crap. I'm 27 and have been fighting it for 10+ years. I've recently been having luck with mineral and vitamin supplements. Although it's too soon to say what I've been doing is going to work.

Last edited by Finland; 08-31-2004 at 10:46 AM.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
Inactive

Sahuja HB User

Hi,

Would anything with Vitamin E help?? Like a Vitamin E cleanser??

Old 08-31-2004, 12:36 PM   #7

Finland HB User

Vitamin E is an antioxidant. From everything I've read it's still not known if applying vitamins externally has any affect.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-02-2004 at 10:33 AM.

Closed Thread