It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
Inactive

Nc84ever HB User
Preventing Cyst Scars!!

I had a pimple on my cheek bone about a week ago and as soon i left to go on vacation it just started growing and growing like a freakin blob. It formed into a Cyst. When i TOuch it its realy hard like a rock....U can see about half of it threw the skin but i can feel the rest when i feel around it. THis realy sucks bad cus my first day back at works 2morrow..ANd i have no insurance right now The only thing im worried about is if it will leave a scar. Anyone Know what i can do to prevent it from leaving a mark ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 08:14 PM   #2
(male)

Zshock HB User
Re: Preventing Cyst Scars!!

It shouldn't leave a scar if you don't poke at it. Just leave it alone, put some type of cream on it and it should go away. I would recommend a cortisone shot but if you don't have insurance that might be tough.

The worst thing to do to the cyst (if you don't want a scar) is to pop it because I just got one lanced at the doc awhile ago and it kept opening up after that and now I have a purple mark/scar where the cyst used to be, so just leave it alone and you should be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 08:31 PM   #3

D.S. HB User

I wish I knew. Does anyone know how to get rid/ prevent cysts? I'm the only person in my family with cysts. I have a large cyst scar by my left eye, a considerably smaller one by my right eye and a large one on my forehead. All three are old. I have two very small cysts on my right eyebrow. I have one very new, painful cyst on my cheek, I put hot water compress on it for about three days. I must have pressed really hard because it looks like a purple bruise, before it was a red area. What I would suggest is, put hot or warm compresses, but don't press to hard. You could leave it alone, sometimes the cyst may grow bigger or it may go away on its own. Of course, if you have lots of money which I don't, there's cosmetic surgery procedures. Good luck. And please let me know if anything you try works.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Besides the cortison shot, the only thing you can do is not pick at it. You could try to dry it out by putting some high acid acne creams on it, but bottom line is its just going to take time to go away.

Old 09-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #5

D.S. HB User

Hom much does a cortison shot cost if you have a health care card? Will the scar ever go away and if so how long will it take?

Last edited by D.S.; 09-04-2004 at 03:20 PM.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
(male)

Zshock HB User

I think cortisone shots cost $15 with a health care card, but I'm not really sure cause I don't really know how my parents health care works. I just got a scar on my face from a cyst and it's pretty small after the cyst is gone, but I have got some scars from cysts on my back that I know I will have for the rest of my life. It just depends on how many times the cyst was opened. The ones on my back were constantly getting opened and they have left some pretty ugly scars.

So just leave the cyst alone and it shouldn't scar.

Old 09-17-2004, 11:46 PM   #7

lukejoseph HB User

I had huge cyst on my left cheek an inch and a half below my eye, and I kept putting highly acid gels on it cuz that's what my doctor told me to do. Well it at first it was two small ones that grew into on big one. Well it eventually one day popped by itself after 2months of treating it. Let me tell it was gross and alot came out. I tried pushing a little bit, just to get out what eventually would come out. Well it kept opening up for about 2-3 weeks letting out a little at a time. No it's closed but I have a pocket of blood sitting beneath the skin with is starting to look like a puffy bruise. The other part is now become a shallowing, pitted, purple scar. I don't know what to do to keep it from become a deep scar. I already have one from 2 years ago on the other side. How do I replace the collagen?

Well, atleast the scaring might be symetrical, which is kinda attractive right?

Old 09-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.S.
Hom much does a cortison shot cost if you have a health care card? Will the scar ever go away and if so how long will it take?
I only paid a $5.00 copay when I got cortisone injections. I'd pay $500 if I had to. In my case, they were completely worth it.

Old 09-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #9

PinPal HB User

My advice would just be keeping hands off as much as possible. I used to get bad ones when i would touch the spot, and they would never go away. This is also true for healing though, since your hands have germs. It will probably take longer the more you touch it.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
(female)

ErinBarb HB User

I have had cysts all my life. I usually get one every other week, but they most often are triggered by my Ďcyclesí. Iím assuming mine are horemonal. I have tried everything. Change of diet, exercise, water, antibiotics, face washes, facials, you name it, Iíve tried it. Iím considering birth control, figuring if it is horomonal, that could help. But Iím not sure yet. If you only get them every so often it might be from stress or something youíre eating. But if youíre getting them a lot more than Ďnormalí, you should check into HS disease. Iím almost positive itís what I have, and thereís nothing you can really do for it. I havenít found anything that completely gets rid of a cyst, and Iíve had a few lanced. I find that if you mess with them or get them cut open verses just leaving them alone, the scar will be worse. I have a scar from every one Iíve had, but the discoloration seems to fade with time. Eating healthy, drinking a lot of water and exercising should help it to heal faster, but I donít think thereís anything that prevents them. I think you have to let them run their course, unfortunately. But really, look into HS disease. It might help you answer some other questions.

Hope this helped!
Erin

Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #11
(female)

hmj211 HB User

I mix 10% (or lower....at least 2.5%) benzoyl peroxide cream with regular 1% hydrocortisone cream (usually used as a topical antihistamine) and use that as a spot treatment. The zit will still be red, but it will deflate a little bit. If you do this for a while hopefully it will help the zit go away faster. Be warned...it makes the skin there a little flaky/red so you might need make-up. You might want to use Google to decide for yourself whether you want to use this method. I have thick skin so what works for me might not work for you.

Good luck!

Closed Thread