It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 12:02 AM   #1

spikie HB User
whiteheads that won't go away

I never used to get these but in the last couple months i've gotten these whiteheads that seriously take approx a month to go away. sometimes they are inflamed, other times they aren't so bad but I don't understand why they won't go away? does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I already use tea tree oil and 10% bp, i even tried sea salt but it doesn't help. in the past i've always had things go away in a week or less so i just don't understand what's going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 10:26 AM   #2

warm__pants HB User
Re: whiteheads that won't go away

you're talking about whiteheads as in the clogged pores .. little white bump type dealio right??... because everyone seems to have a different interpretation of a whitehead? (so if you are actually talking about like a pimple with a whitehead on it, then this is a big waste of time to read because its going to be about the clogged pores) i get those damn things , like a ton of them on my chin and forehead. That's my problem because for some reason a bunch will get inflammed and become one huge stupid pimple.. and that's my source of pimples so ya i wish i could get ride of these suckers already, and for good.!

My doctor gave me tretinoin gel (steivamycin) (sp?) ! Tretinoin helps shed your layers of skin and brings up all the bumps that will eventually come up (purging) and then it's supposed to unclog the whiteheads and all that good stuff. I've been using it for about 3 1/2 weeks and it definitely brought all that @#$% up to the surface .. but i think (i'm hoping) now that i'm actually going to start seeing a difference! this morning actually seemed to look better (knock on wood) so yea to get to the whole point, i would recommend a tretinoin, but u will go through a purging period most likely (the whole "it's going to get worse before it gets better) but i think if u stick with it, that it will definitely be worth it in the end!!! So anything like retin-a, retin-a micro (they come in different strengths for the type of acne ur dealing with), steivamycin (sp), differin (is supposed to be easier on the skin).. and theres a few more out there! i also just started taking spiro a week ago and i've been taking diane 35 for 4 months (i'm hoping those will kick in soon so that i will stop getting the whiteheads to begin with)! you could definitely also try something like those or similar that will block your androgens and make you not produce so much oil, because that's what gets overproduced and mixes with your dead skin cells to clog the pores and produce the damn whitehead in the first place!!

Last edited by warm__pants; 09-05-2004 at 10:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
(female)

MoonOverMarin HB User
Lightbulb Re: whiteheads that won't go away

I went to the dermatologist for the first time in 6 months today.

I made an appointment because I have the same symptoms as you... deep clogged pores on my chin. It's something that I never had to deal with before.

My doctor told me my hormones are changing and they are creating "bad oil" that bacteria feeds off of. I feel like a grown up (I'm 22) that has never grown out of puberty. Actually that doesn't even make sense because I didn't have acne when I was going through puberty or in my teens. Just a pimple every other month.

I was on Erythromycin and Desonide lotion, but now that I have developed a different type of acne, he told me to stop using them. He prescribed me:

-Tretinoin 0.025% (he said Retin-A-Micro would be too strong for me.)
-Adoxa (doxycycline tablets to kill bacteria)
-Triaz (3% benzoyl peroxided pads)

Try talking to your derm about these RX and see if they will work for you. I will keep you updated....

Closed Thread