It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

kjane HB User
Pimples that are now open wounds!!!!

I have acne that I am sorta getting control of with tazorac cream and I also use glycolic acid wash once a week. The problem I have is some of my pimples are scabbing and are open wounds. (I'm guilty of picking and popping too much sometimes) How can I get them to heal? I try not to use the harsh creams and washes on them but once they're like cuts on my face they wont go away and can't be covered with concealer. So my question I guess, is How do I get a pimple with broken skin to heal fast?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Pimples that are now open wounds!!!!

I know that they have certain creams that can really help once itís not a pimple anymore, but just a cut. They obviously have the creams to help cuts, but most of them are really acne friendly so you wouldnít really want to use them on your face. Iím not sure what there called, but you should try asking your dermatologist about them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2004, 12:45 AM   #3
(female)

LauraOSU05 HB User

I know exactly what you are talking about....those are the ones that can scab over and start bleeding when you wash your face. I usually get them after popping a cyst. Honestly, I use Neosporin on the "wound" at night....sometimes with a Band-Aid on top so that it doesn't smear on my pillowcase.

Even though it seems greasy, I only use it on small spots, so I haven't broken out from it. It also makes scarring less likely to occur. If you use a topical, just put it on beforehand and give it time to absorb into the skin.

Good Luck!

Old 09-06-2004, 02:15 AM   #4

surenitynow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraOSU05
I know exactly what you are talking about....those are the ones that can scab over and start bleeding when you wash your face. I usually get them after popping a cyst. Honestly, I use Neosporin on the "wound" at night....sometimes with a Band-Aid on top so that it doesn't smear on my pillowcase.

Even though it seems greasy, I only use it on small spots, so I haven't broken out from it. It also makes scarring less likely to occur. If you use a topical, just put it on beforehand and give it time to absorb into the skin.

Good Luck!

yes! thats what i do, and it really speeds up the healing, but instead of neosporin i use this stuff called Aquaphor healing ointment...i guess its kinda like neosporin...I put it only over the cut/wound area (i also never broke out from it)...i dont know about neosporin (which im sure works good too) but this stuff reeaaaally heals fast, and i hate when you cant cover the stupid "open wound" with makeup, this will help with in a few days...i use it at night too or when im just home and not planning to go out, the more times you can put it on the faster you will heal. but doing it every night im sure you will see a difference in a few days...good luck!!!

Last edited by surenitynow; 09-06-2004 at 02:18 AM.

Closed Thread