It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 04:11 AM   #1
(male)

Joe_Dude HB User
Is 5 days of water fasting bad for your health?

Hi. I am planning to start fasting from tomorrow on till friday. Just water, no food at all. Just to give my body a rest and clean out with the water. Is it bad or good for health?

Old 09-12-2004, 04:14 AM   #2
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User
Re: Is 5 days of water fasting bad for your health?

5 days???....iw ouldnt beable to last that long lol....im not sure if this is healthy or not but please report back if you do go ahead with it

although, i wouldnt think it would be healthy....but for 5 days i guess it cant do all that much harm...unless you have to go to work or school ect then it might, might make you feel a bit dizzy n ill, mabey you should try one day and slowely build it up to 5 days....i dunno, anyway report back plz

Last edited by funkypinklizard; 09-12-2004 at 04:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 04:14 AM   #3
(male)

zevi8 HB User

You will get very dizzy and lightheaded. You dont need to fast to clean your body out and you certainly dont need to do it for 5 days. If you do want to do it, you should also drink juice as well.

Old 09-12-2004, 04:19 AM   #4
(male)

Joe_Dude HB User

yes i know i will get very dizzy ive done such a fast before but only for 3 days but i know that fasting does wonders for my skin and itd be a great way to start an acne-free diet on saturday by having fresh juice with steamed veggies and all that. so im going ahead with it. i do have school from tomorrow on but im sure i will be okay.i can do daily reports if yall want

Old 09-12-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
(male)

Joe_Dude HB User

oh and yes i might add like two glasses of fresh pressed apple juice a day

Old 09-12-2004, 06:57 AM   #6
(female)

jazmella HB User

LOL I love how people make such a big deal about fasting for a few days...

Like I said in the other thread, I've fasted for 2 weeks. I'm eventually working my way up to 5.5 weeks. Fasting is extremely beneficial to your health.

If you want to read more about fasting, someone else here created a topic about it, so go look at the "fasting?" thread.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Good luck, i think that 5 days is a long time to with hold your body from food, it really cant be good for you but if your gonna do it then your gonna do it and it looks like no matter what advice people give you you will just go ahead anyhow! Be carefull you dont harm yourself, why dont you eat fresh veg and fruit and drink lots of water that will clean out your system just as well, eat organic food as this does not contain any chemicals, that way everything that goes into your mouth is clean and chemical free.

Old 09-12-2004, 08:40 AM   #8
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

well it cant eb too harmful, look at david blaine, he went for 40 days without food ....so ic ant see that 5 days is going to harm u....but i still dont really know if that would help to clean out your body...

Old 09-12-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
(female)

Katrina HB User

yes, except David Blane did not have to move for the whole time he was up there. He basically slept and turned around in his box... walking to and from class and undertaking the rest of your normal day activities will likely use up many more calories then your body can provide without food... But if it works for some, go for it. It is your body, afterall. I wouldn't recommend a technique like this for someone with high metabolism. This could make them very very sick...

Old 09-12-2004, 08:52 AM   #10
Inactive

funkypinklizard HB User

true, i wouldnt recomend it either but it cant harm you, well actually i say that, there was a possiblity that he could die....so mabey you shouldnt do it for quite as long ...and as katrina sed, it will make you very i'll.....you need certain vitimans in your diet, to help your body function.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #11
(female)

desertgirl HB User

Hey- instead of fasting for five days straight maybe you could do what my friend does. He picks one day a week (he does it on Mondays) and he eats nothing but fresh veggies and clear broth, plus water. His "fasting" isn't specifically for his acne, but to help clean his system once a week. This way, he gets a fresh start every week, instead of cleansing, and then going right back to where he was. I've tried it, but I get too hungry and then get grouchy!

Also, juice has a lot of sugar in it, especially the already packaged kind. That isn't necessarily a good thing to have if you're fasting. The sugar will go straight to your blood, give you a high, and then you'll crash big time.

Sorry if this is repetitive, I did't read all the responses (I'm late for work).

Old 09-12-2004, 05:30 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

You should just take some Ex-Lax and you could clear out your body in a day.

Old 10-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #13

izumi HB User

I have done a 2 day fast with Isagenix. They helped me to lose 5 pounds in two days and then lost 6 additional pounds with the shakes. My acne didn't improve.

Old 10-30-2004, 08:10 AM   #14

washee HB User

Fasting for 5 days is ok if you can handle it, but make sure you add juice. Only natural juice with no sugar added!! Good luck

Old 10-30-2004, 10:12 AM   #15

Blazin mami HB User

you shouldn't stop eating and drinking water only. just try n drink lots of water and eat healthy foods.

Closed Thread