It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

heddy73 HB User
Unhappy Boil like pimples

Blah I get these really painful well I call them pimples but they feel more like a boil I guess you'd say. They are only on my chin and they get big...never have the usual whitehead apperance of a pimple...then about a week to 10 days later they go away. Does anyone get these? Any products to try? I tried Neosporin trying to clear it up that way and it doesn't work. Regular acne meds don't touch it. I wouldn't worry about it too much except it hurts so much. Thanks for any replys.....

Old 09-12-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: Boil like pimples

They just sound like cysts, but it could be something else. I would go to the dermatologist and ask them about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 12:46 AM   #3
Inactive

ClearSkin4ever HB User

Last October, I had a problem with that. I never experienced those types of cysts. They are very likely cysts because they felt itchy and like really "boiling" like you say. I had to get the puss out sometimes because it felt like it was screaming to get out. It's the perfect way to describe it.

Anyway, what I did was get on Retin-A Micro .04% first, then you deal with whatever the effect is up to 6 months, then switch to Retin-A Micro .1% to get more of the crap out of your face.

I tried antibiotics and all those craps, but once they wore out I got those kind of never before seen pimples. I am sure it's the effect of antibiotics wearing out that maybe bacteria just overpultiply.

You should get some kind of treatments because those types of acne can leave deep scars. My father has them, so be careful and act fast.

Also, keep using retin-a micro for years because many people have acne that are incurable like my mom's so she had to keep using it for decades to keep it out or it would start coming back. It's no biggie. You'll keep looking younger, which is a plus

Also, wear benzoyl peroxide like Nature's Cure or any benzoyl peroxide 5 percent during the day only on those flaring spots to help calm it down and reduct bacteria.

Just be religious on using Retin-A Micro. They are going to make you feel ugly somewhat, but you get them under control.

Mom used it, went through the same very ugly ordeal, but in the end it paid off.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

heddy73 HB User

Thanks I'll give it a try!!!! I wish it would go away. Its almost there now...its been a couple of days since I posted and it is startinf to go down. My sister gets them behind her ears. She uses Pro-Active and had great luck....on her regular pimples....the cysts just had to go away.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
(female)

blessedNways HB User

i got the same kind of cysts on my chin. i'm on ortotrycylin lo (birth control pills) and they stopped coming. some people don't like ortho and prefer yasmin, but i like ortho fine. anyways, b/c pills are the only thing that helped me not get cysts. granted, i've never been to a dermotologist so i haven't tried accutane or anything like that. thankfully i didn't have to. but while you do have them, the best thing i found was to take some ibruprophin (like motrin) b/c it helps the swelling go down. keep it clean, no touching! and for a topical put hydrocortizone cream on it. when you go to the derm for a cyst you want to get rid of fast they give you a cortizone shot, so it makes sense that the cream will help, too. good luck.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

blessedNways HB User

oh, p.s., i personally don't feel like bp is helpful at all for cysts, although i use it for regular pimples. i much prefer the hydro. cream.

Closed Thread