It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2004, 03:09 PM   #1
(male)

Zshock HB User
How long does it take acne "wounds" to heal up?

I've have these scars on my back and neck, well they aren't really scars but they are more like open wounds right now. That's because everytime I move my arms it seems like I open one of them up. I don't know whether wearing a bandaid would help or not since they would open up anyways and all I really want is for them to heal.

They are always bleeding once they open up and I don't know how to stop this. I try not to wear a shirt whenever possible cause the neck of the shirt tends to rip them open at times.

So anyways how long does it take for these wounds/scabs caused by acne to heal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User
Re: How long does it take acne "wounds" to heal up?

Are they from cysts or whiteheads? How long have they been there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
(male)

Zshock HB User

They are from cysts and they've been here for about a week or 2.

Old 09-13-2004, 05:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Once thing that Iíve found that really helps the cuts on my face heal from old acne is to use salicylic and glycolic acids. When it takes the layers of skin off, it really helps smooth it out and get rid of the cut fast. You should definitely try that. Another good thing about them is that they donít really dry your skin out that much.

Old 09-13-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith007
Once thing that Iíve found that really helps the cuts on my face heal from old acne is to use salicylic and glycolic acids. When it takes the layers of skin off, it really helps smooth it out and get rid of the cut fast. You should definitely try that. Another good thing about them is that they donít really dry your skin out that much.

I find neosporin to help pretty good on the wounds from bad cysts. Also tea tree oil has worked wonders for me, and it lasts forever..and i mean that. It works good at killing the bacteria, and drying out pimples. I prefer it over bp, and i beleive most websites would too. Good Luck..

Old 09-14-2004, 12:13 AM   #6
(male)

i am a guy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy
I find neosporin to help pretty good on the wounds from bad cysts. Also tea tree oil has worked wonders for me, and it lasts forever..and i mean that. It works good at killing the bacteria, and drying out pimples. I prefer it over bp, and i beleive most websites would too. Good Luck..

is it ok to use neosporin on your face? will it end up messing things up in the long run? and how does its effectiveness compare to tea tree oil?

i have been using tea tree oil for a long time.

and yea i have a little 2oz bottle that i have had for over a year and there is still about a third of it left. and i use it liberally, i dont know how i still have that same bottle.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #7

replay57 HB User

take a lot of vitamin C or drink orange juice

Old 09-14-2004, 03:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am a guy
is it ok to use neosporin on your face? will it end up messing things up in the long run? and how does its effectiveness compare to tea tree oil?

i have been using tea tree oil for a long time.

and yea i have a little 2oz bottle that i have had for over a year and there is still about a third of it left. and i use it liberally, i dont know how i still have that same bottle.
Just dab the neosporin on the wound. I rub off any excess that gets on the skin around it. I use both, so i can't say if it helps more than tea tree or not.

Like i said, just on the wound. I actually scaped my nose a while back and put neosporin on it, and tried my best to not get it any other place. Well even just a little bit must have gotten into/onto a pore on my nose, cause i had 2 little whiteheads pop up next to the scrape. They where very minor and popped without any scaring or redness. But i beleive it sped up the healing a lot.

Closed Thread