It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #1

stardusted HB User
retin a vs. retin a micro

here's my question, is the difference between retin a and retin a micro worth 100 bucks? I'd purchase either one online but retin a micro seems to cost 100 dollars more, very expensive..unless someone would like to email me with another suggestion...linky link.

so far retin a's worked on me but i get red blotches of dry skin that might as well be zits, they're ugly and i'm a red head w/ PALE skin so they stand out. what do you guys think? should i stick retin a out or go w/ the micro?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 04:14 PM   #2

AchilesHeel HB User
Re: retin a vs. retin a micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardusted
here's my question, is the difference between retin a and retin a micro worth 100 bucks? I'd purchase either one online but retin a micro seems to cost 100 dollars more, very expensive..unless someone would like to email me with another suggestion...linky link.

so far retin a's worked on me but i get red blotches of dry skin that might as well be zits, they're ugly and i'm a red head w/ PALE skin so they stand out. what do you guys think? should i stick retin a out or go w/ the micro?
Well i use retin-a micro 0.04% now and find that it is irratating. The manufacturer says that it is less irritating but I dont know if it is enopugh to justify 100.00. Mine costs me 25 dollars b/c of insurance. Actually it's not that irritating id go for it if i were you. one tube will last a couple months or longer so it is worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #3

stardusted HB User

Yeah, I was wondering how long a tube would last me. I WISH my insurance would cover it. UGH.

So, another question, have you used regular retin a as well? was there a noticable improvement in redness/dry patches between the two?

Old 09-26-2004, 08:53 PM   #4

IHATEACNE1111 HB User

Im on Retin A Micro .04% and so far all it has done is make me break out so badly

Old 09-26-2004, 11:55 PM   #5

stardusted HB User

how long have you been on it? apparently you have to wait awhile..

Closed Thread