It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 07:03 PM   #1

powderpuffgrrl HB User
Initial breakout on Smoothbeam

I'm experiencing horrible initial breakout from Smoothbeam laser. The nurse told me this could happen in the 2nd week and improve by the 3rd week, but I haven't seen any improvements yet, and is nervous about it. Anyone experience initial breakout on Smoothbeam?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 10:30 AM   #2

powderpuffgrrl HB User
Re: Initial breakout on Smoothbeam

I realize that Smoothbeam so new, that not a lot of people have tried it. I'm going to use this thread to make it a Smoothbeam journal; hopefully this will help someone. (I have already tried Accutane twice now, and thought maybe I will try Smoothbeam this time.)

1. 1st week: I had numbing cream that I had to wear an hour before the procedure. The procedure still hurt like rubber bands being snapped on the skin. I already had test spots done under my chin to see if I would have hyperpigmentation 2 wks before this procedure. They recommend it for asian or olive skin tones. I would do this even if I had fair skin, just in case. It's worth it to find this out before you do your whole face. The charge is 25.00 for test spots. I only had a little bit of redness and put my make up on over my face and went to work. My face was less oily the first few days of the procedure and looked much better. But then, I have reaaally strong oil glands (I've had 2 accutane treatments already and the zits always come back after a yr) I got oily again 5 days after the treatment.

2. 2nd week: I was told I would get inital breakout and sometimes others may not even have this. But of course, I did. I haven't had a breakout this bad since a year and a half ago before Accutane. Monster cystic acne on my chin and hairline. My skin is drier, but this change made my skin very irritated and produced more oil in response. I calmed it down every night with a mask of plain yogurt and honey. I'm using organic facial cream from Kiss My Face line to moisturize. The more I moisturize this face, the calmer it is and produces less oil. I'm approaching the third week and the cysts are calming down. I just hope they don't leave pit marks. It's depressing, but I'm keeping my hopes up.

3. 3rd week: The cysts are clearing up and getting smaller on my chin. I have one new cyst near my eyebrow that's just big and red but not painful at all. Now I have new red marks to deal with, but I hope this is a good thing and that it's a sign that I will be clearing up from now on.

Last edited by powderpuffgrrl; 10-04-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #3

denarii07 HB User

I've already had two procedures done. The doctor did smoothbeam and vlight i think and i really have to admit it did worked and im still improving but the problem is i brokeout on my second procedure. The doctor gave me Acne clearing cleanser wit 2% glycolic and 2% salicylic acids, Acne Clearing Toner Glysal 5/2 pads and Green Tea Antioxidant Serum. i've been using them for the pass 4 weeks or more and i've been seeing improvements on my scarring and didnt breakout at all for three weeks. after my second procedure is when i brokeout.

i called my doctor assistant and she said it was normal that they'll go away on my third procedure. i have my 3th procedure on the 27th of this month so i'll keep you guys posted. I really have faith in GOD because the impossible will always be possible in JESUS CHRIST name. ill keep you guys posted.

let me know if the smoothbeam is working for you guys?

Old 11-14-2004, 09:34 PM   #4

powderpuffgrrl HB User

I'm having breakout after my 2nd, too. not much cystic but small bumps everywhere. my 3rd is coming up next wk. i'll post the results

Last edited by powderpuffgrrl; 11-14-2004 at 09:35 PM.

Closed Thread