It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 01:43 PM   #1

aprilnichole HB User
Question tiny bumps everywhere????

I have little tiny bumps all over my cheeks, jawline and forehead. I don't think they are pimples, at least they rarely turn into acne anyway. I don't know what to do to get rid of them. Does anyone have these? What are they, just clogged pores (tiny whiteheads)??? could it be caused from my cleansing regime? I use Cetaphil cleanser (and lotion when needed). I also wonder something; I am on Minocylcine... so are these bumps actually pimples trying to come out but the antibiotics keep them from getting any bigger???
Can anyone give some insight?
thanks!

Old 10-01-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
(female)

natthebug HB User
Re: tiny bumps everywhere????

I have the3 same thing on my chin and by my ears...... I have had them for years. Never been able to get rid of them. I suppose it is clogged pores. my dr said they are just so deep so they do not come out. I am using Banzaclin and RetinA.10% to dry my skin out to get the layers off so the stuff will go away. Seems to be slowly helping, The bumps seem to be less populated as before LOL. Cetaphil is good to use, with as WASH CLOTH for exfoliation. And maybe you can get a RX for something strong to help. I know what you feel though, I have had them for about 10 years. And man if I do finally get to squeeze something out, it stinks so bad because it has been there so long I am assuming.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

HannahUK HB User

I think I suffer/suffered from the same thing. mine got a lot worse when i went on the yasmi pill. they're so annying because you cannot cover them. I tried loads but i've found a regime that keeps them at bay i.e. the sage skincare regime (fab stuff) and I take zinc, saw palmetto and inositol. everyone is different but this new regime has made a drastic difference.

Old 10-03-2004, 06:28 AM   #4
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

what is the sage skincare regimen?

Old 10-03-2004, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

Katrina HB User

I used to get these all the time. I figured out they were clogged pores and/or skin irritation from the cleanser and moisturizers I was using. Many of them grew into breakouts. I finally have gotten rid of them through a regimine (sp?) of Duac in the morning, Differin gel in the evening, and washing twice a day with the Indian soap Auromere with tumeric. I don't know why that works, but I haven't noticed them coming up like they used to. I've been free of them ever since I started with the soap about 2 weeks ago...

Old 10-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
(female)

erica1213 HB User

Hi HannahUK,
How much inositol do you take?
Saw palmetto? zinc?
Thanks!

Old 10-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #7

Hamer HB User

I had this exact same thing all over my face. My derm said they were clogged pores so she gave me differin cream which I use every night. I have only been using the differin for about 7 weeks but the bumps are already gone. I am really glad because I had that problem for at least a year or two.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:10 AM   #8

thelms_ HB User

I am on minocycline also, have been for 3 weeks...i have started getting quite a number of small bumps that dont have heads, i have never had this before so im guessing it is the mino clearing things out. hopefully this is a good thing!!

Old 10-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #9

trinity77 HB User

Finally someone else with the same thing! I have these annoying little bumps all over my forehead, jawline and right in the groove beneath my cheekbones. For the past year I have had flare-ups in which they stick around for a week or two and then go away, but recently they have become a permanent addition to my face. Finally went to the derm and she said they are tiny whiteheads and some are blackheads. She explained that when women break out along their jawline and around their mouth it is hormonal. She prescribed Retin-A Micro and Cephalexin and recommended Ortho-Tricyclen. I've only been using the stuff for about 10 days and just today have started to see a slight improvement. I really hope this stuff works because it is very annoying! I've become so self conscious I swear under the lights at work people must think I've got an awful rash that just won't quit!

Old 10-07-2004, 04:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

I have these little flesh-colored bumps on my forehead. sometimes while im washing they'll rub right off. you can't really see unless you look really close them but you can sure feel them.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #11

tuberville HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer
I had this exact same thing all over my face. My derm said they were clogged pores so she gave me differin cream which I use every night. I have only been using the differin for about 7 weeks but the bumps are already gone. I am really glad because I had that problem for at least a year or two.
I have the same problem. Those bumps on my forehead have haunted me for years. I've been on Differin and Clindamycin for 8 weeks - there has been SOME improvement, but much less than I was expecting.

Do you think Differin may still work? Were you using anything in addition to it?

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #12

tuberville HB User

Anybody? Please...
In general, if people could share their experiences with Differin, please speak out... it really helps.

Last edited by tuberville; 10-08-2004 at 05:44 PM.

Closed Thread