It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 10:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Smile Can Accutane Work this fast?

I stopped my fourth course of Accutane in early August because all my acne was gone. My dermatologist gave me another prescription for another course in case my acne came back. In mid-August, I started to break out mildly. By late August, I started to get breakouts on a daily basis, so I decided to start taking Accutane again. Within 2 weeks, my acne was all gone again. Is it possible for Accutane to work this fast? I've been on Accutane many times before, but have never had Accutane work this fast. Maybe it has a faster effect because I was only off for a month? Or is it more likely that Accutane has NOT kicked in yet, and the reason my acne subsided these past two weeks was because of natural causes?

Last edited by Andrew29; 10-07-2004 at 10:35 AM.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

desertgirl HB User
Re: Can Accutane Work this fast?

I think it just works really quickly for some people. I know for me it worked super fast. As soon as I took the first pill, I noticed that the zits I already had were drying up and going away and I didn't get any new ones. Maybe some people are just lucky this way?

Also, it may not have taken so much time because your skin probably wasn't as bad as it was the previous times you've taken accutane. Lastly, if you'd only been off accutane for a while, then maybe your oil glands hadn't gone back to normal and were easier to supress. I don't know anything for sure-except that this drug is such a great thing for many of us who have tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User
Re: Can Accutane Work this fast?

Sure, hopefully you wont expierence anymore breakouts. LOL Accutane VETERAN

Closed Thread