It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #1

Lady_Raven HB User
can allergies cause acne?

I've had acne since I hit puberty and I've learned how to keep it under control. However, I was around cats all weekend and I'm really allergic. Then my skin broke out and it seems to happen often after I'm allergic to something. Do the allergies cause my break out?

Old 10-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #2

kitkat911 HB User
Re: can allergies cause acne?

Hey how are you.. How do you seem to keep the acne at bay? If you could could you share some tips to help me out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 12:02 PM   #3

Lady_Raven HB User

Yeah definitely!
I was on accutane which had terrible side effects but made my skin beautiful.... for almost a year and then it got worse than ever all over again. I tried accutane again but couldn't handle the side effects. I've tried almost everything.

What works for me (I don't have flawless skin but it rarely breaks out except for now) is cetaphil cleanser with 1% clindamycin in it. I just told my doctor that that's what I wanted and it works beautifully. I also use differin gel.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:04 PM   #4

kitkat911 HB User

Ok so diffren gel? can you buy that at a drug mart or do you have to go to the doctors?

Old 10-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #5

Lady_Raven HB User

it has to be perscribed to you.

Another tip, which is probably the most important, is to NEVER touch your face or let anything else touch your face. When you go to bed or lie down on the couch make sure your head is on a pillow with a clean pillow case. I change my pillow case once a week and sheets twice a week. I also make sure that my comforter and blankets aren't pulled all the way up so they're touching my face. I make sure I wash those often too. I also make sure that my hair is pulled back from my face while I'm sleeping so that the oils aren't getting on my face. Just make sure everything that is going to be near your house is clean clean clean.

Closed Thread