It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 07:56 AM   #1
(male)

acneruinsesteem HB User
Unhappy People make fun of me

i dont know if any of you have experienced this, but people have been making fun of me lately. the meanest thing someone did was they left me a voicemail on my phone, saying how gay i was and they wanted to date me. then they were like but your acne is so horrible it will pop all over me. i cried so many times when i heard this. (first of all i am not gay either.) people are so mean, and they have no idea what we try to do to clear our skin. i hope you guys can give ms some support. also i am a freshman in high school, so i have four yeasr to deal / these mean people....thanks for your support.

Tony

Old 10-25-2004, 08:36 AM   #2
(female)

jazmella HB User
Re: People make fun of me

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! Oh sweetheart, don't listen to those idiots. I know it's extremely hard, but you're better than them! And I truly mean that. They're just immature kids who need a good lesson in compassion. I know how hard it is to not let other's words get to you, but always remember you're much better than they will ever be. *much love and many hugs*

"No one makes you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleonor Roosevelt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 08:37 AM   #3
(male)

Zshock HB User

I went through that...I got teased, picked on and it made me feel horrible. I just got with a group of friends who accepted me for who I was not what I looked like. I remember being in 7th or 8th grade and I got hit by someone who was older than me and stronger than me, so I started exercising like crazy and began to get involved in martial arts. About 2 or 3 years later I couldn't wait for someone to try that crap again with me because I would be ready this time.

Pretty much I just ignored the people who made fun of me. I became antisocial, never said much to anyone, kept all my feelings inside never showed others that they had hurt me. I still am that way, but I guess it's better than opening yourself up to get hurt again.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
(female)

mandersBC HB User

Ignore those kids. Other guys will try to find anything to make fun of you for. That's the way some people can be. In order to build themselves up and feel 'good' about themselves, they step on other people. Please don't let this affect you. If the harrassment continues or worsens let someone know.

Because of my acne, I started wearing foundation/makeup pretty young (about 12). I was so embarrassed of my face. Other kids asked me why I was wearing makeup, and what was wrong with my skin. I probably didn't have the best application technique back then, but it was hard being made fun of and to have everyone know that you were trying (and failing) at covering the problem.

It will be okay. You are a great person, remember that!

Old 10-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #5

NickC HB User

If anyone did that to me i would beat them in the ground and spit on there face

just me though

Old 10-25-2004, 10:56 AM   #6
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Those people truly dont understand the meaning of life. Look around you, there are so many different walks of life.. learn from them, improve yourself, and help others... dont let their words hurt you, because you need to believe that you're SPECIAL no matter what your flaws are. Im not perfect but Im a wonderful compassionate person.. acne and my hearing impairment doesnt make me any different. =)

Old 10-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #7

karen t. HB User

Just remember, people who have to mock others are not secure with themselves. The best thing to do, and I know it is hard, is to just ignore it. Find a group that accepts for you for who you are. Also, remember, one day you will grow out of this and somehow become stronger for it and more accepting of others. But those jerks will not out-grow their hatred for others and will end up being alone. We can always hope that these clear-skinned people who feel it is their place to be so hurtful will wake up when they are 25 with a face full of zits. God does have a strange way of dealing with these types. Hang in there, and God bless.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

openseason HB User

Everyone has a special gift and when you find yours then you will find a peace,

Old 10-25-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
(female)

sammypoo01 HB User

Those are the kind of people that put down others to make themselves feel better... the kind of people that get absolutely nowhere in life. SCREW THEM. You'll get through all of this... and you will be the stonger person in the end.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #10

MariLissa HB User

How horrible!! You can always tell them that at least your Acne is temporary and that their complexes of inferiority will last them a lifetime!!

I agree with Karen T & Sammy... those kids pick on you because it is something that makes them feel better. They can't feel good enough just being themselves!! Who knows?? Maybe they will get Acne later on... what goes around comes around.

I know its sounds mean of me... but just don't let them get to you. Life will give them a lesson and you will go through High School with flying colors!!

Last edited by MariLissa; 10-25-2004 at 12:57 PM. Reason: addition

Old 10-25-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
(male)

Green1 HB User

People who make fun of u just won't understand how hard it is to live with acne until they have it, which is sad. Stay strong!!!

Old 10-25-2004, 02:20 PM   #12

NickC HB User

green ill second that

Old 10-25-2004, 02:32 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

I'm with NickC and Green. People who don't have acne just don't know what it's like.

But I'll tell you what gets me-it's just acne. I mean, a very large percentage of the population suffers from it! Why do these people have to be so nasty about it!!?? It's a friggin bump!! So what!!! I mean, do they not have anything better to do than make fun of a bump!!?? I guess they don't. That's just how I see it. People who make fun of acne, I only have one thing to say to them-It's a bump, acne, zit, etc. Get over it.

I know it hurts to have people say things about your acne. I've been there and still there now. Every so often I'll get a cyst and someone will ask what is on my face. And of course, cysts are totally obvious. And I just say, "It's a cyst", and shrug it off. They can think what they want. I really don't care. There's nothing I can do to make it go away any faster. It's not like I wanted that cyst in the first place, ya know?

But like everyone else said, if those people have nothing else better to do than make fun of someone's acne, they must have absolutely NO LIFE and are totally immature and ignorant. Oh, they are also at the VERY bottom of the food chain.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:20 PM   #14
(male)

acneruinsesteem HB User

Thank you so much for your replies. Since I didnt go to school today, I took a 2 hour ride with me mom to go see my aunt who works at a great medical office in tucson, az. she gently extracted some active acne for me, and then she did a chemical peel, followed by microdermabrasion. she was so nice, and did a fantastic job. she gave us a family discount, and only charged $55 for both. she then showed me their Smoothbeam laser treatment machine that she said she would use on me once we can get my acne clear. i am so lucky to have someone like this in my family. and i hope these kids that made fun of me will get acne , and they wont have anyone to help them.

--btw, we talked to my counselor at my school and the disciplinarian about this, and let them listen to the voicemail. i go to a private catholic high school, so they do not put up with crap like that. tomorrow, i am going to meet with my couselor before 1st period.

I am really glad a found this board to post on. this has really helped me to feel better about myself, and also to know THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH ACNE. we are all able to help eachother, and i love it.

I will let everyone know how i am doing on this thread if anyone is interested. thanks so much to everyone who posted--its really made me feel so much better when i checked the responses.

God Bless,
Tony

Old 10-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

DiselPower4 HB User

They'll get what they deserve.

Closed Thread