It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #1

NickC HB User
I put a Towel over my pillow everynight LOL

LOL ya u heard right....Everynight I put a clean bath towel over my pillow. WHy? CUs im sick of washing my pillow every 2 days

Old 10-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
(female)

jazmella HB User
Re: I put a Towel over my pillow everynight LOL

I do almost the same thing... I use a different pillowcase every couple of nights...But I sleep on one side of the pillowcase, then switch it over for the next night...You could do that with the towel, maybe...It'll save you a few towels to wash every week. :P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2004, 09:51 PM   #3

whyme14 HB User

i do the same towel tihng you do lol

Old 10-28-2004, 05:28 AM   #4
Inactive

beautyskindeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyme14
i do the same towel tihng you do lol
Are you guys doing this because you noticed more breakout on the side of your face that you sleep on, so your thinking this will eliminate it?

Old 10-28-2004, 06:48 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

I've heard a lot of people talk about changing there pillow cases, and my solution was to just start sleeping on my back. I know itís not that comfortable at first, but once you get used to it, itís great because your face never touches the pillow so you donít have to change the pillow case on a regular basis.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:40 PM   #6

goodhealth HB User

i use to think that it was my pillow case contributing the never ending pimple forming on the right side of my face. so i thought changingpillow case everyday would help. result was the same, i figure i'm not a still sleeper. tossing and turning all night long. as long if my face touches pillow, friction of the pillow and my skin i'm irritating my skin. now for my next solution- no pillows. hope it works i'll keep ya'll updated about this method.

Old 10-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #7
(female)

jazmella HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith007
I've heard a lot of people talk about changing there pillow cases, and my solution was to just start sleeping on my back. I know itís not that comfortable at first, but once you get used to it, itís great because your face never touches the pillow so you donít have to change the pillow case on a regular basis.
I always sleep on my back...I never have and CAN'T sleep on my front...Too uncomfy...But I do find that sometimes I'll wake up on my side or something, so I change my pillowcase everynight (or at least flip it over to the other side) to ensure my head is touching a clean SOMEthing before I fall asleep...I think it's just healthy to do it, anyways, because you don't want to be sleeping in your own bodily excretes, even if you don't suffer with acne.

Old 10-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #8

Blazin mami HB User

imma bout to do that...

Old 11-02-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
Inactive

fitch0082 HB User

You know, my bf and my dad that I noticed sleep on their backs! I cant do that. But I got to thinking about it and they have aged REALLY well. It might be genetic, but it might be gravity! Im serious! Think about it. How do we get saggy skin. One is the loss of collagen and elasticity in the dermis, but another reason is gravity and the pulling forces that he has on our body. Sleeping on your side with your face smushed into the pillow only makes you have wrinkles too! Sleeping like that for HOURS everyday can cause wrinkles. So I have been TRYING to sleep on my back at night. But every morning I wake up and Im in a fetal position and im like NO! :P

Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 AM   #10

goodhealth HB User

an update about the no pillow. its been about 2 weeks or so since i stop sleeping with any pillows under my head. so far its working, however this morning as i was interupted during sleep i found myself face down on one side and blanket covering the left side. hopefully i didn't do too much moving around enough to irritate my skin during sleep. it is difficult to sleep on my back. i try but after i dose off god knows how i'm positioned. help ! i can imagine myself being paranoid tonight while lying in bed telling myself to sleep still. good luck

Closed Thread