It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2003, 07:10 AM   #1

MistyDawn HB User
Post What kind of make up do celebrities use?

I know that several celebrities' such as Britney and Cameron's skin is not perfect. However, they look flawless in magazines and on TV. I know this can't be all airbrushed. What kind of make up do they use? I'm sure it is a professional grade but I know there would be some people willing to pay big bucks to make their skin look as good as their's. Anyone know??

Old 01-30-2003, 05:07 PM   #2

cherrygurl HB User
Bare Essentials and Jane Iredale are some names I have read about in magazines. They are both mineral based foundations which are great for acne cuz they let the skin breathe yet cover flawlessly. They are quite pricey- $50 and up, that I found on the internet. I saw a good website from Canada that had a reasonable price on all the good products- try look in Yahoo with the name Jane Iredale and it brings up some Canadian website.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2003, 05:31 PM   #3

Maci HB User
Like cherrygurl, I have also heard that celebrities use mineral foundations. I have been using Jane Iredale since July and I must say it is the best foundation I have ever used. It is expensive but covers excellently when applied properly and doesn't have that heavy makeup feel. I am on Accutane and have acne scars (hyperpigmentation) and look nearly flawless and not made up when I use my JI pressed powder. It is expensive but well worth it. A little goes a long way so a pressed compact will last you six months or more. Sure beats all the money I've spent on liquid cosmetics that make my skin feel goopy and overly made up. If you apply it right it doesn't even look like you are wearing make up. I actually get comments on my skin when I use it. You can request free samples online (which I did) before you make a purchase. Also, the Jane Iredale site can tell you if there is anywhere local you can purchase/try their products. It is sold in many dermatologist offices and also selective salons. I pay about $40 for a compact and recently purchased my second compact since I get rather pale in the Minnesota winter. It probably sounds too good to be true but you really need to try it. I will never use anything else.

Old 01-30-2003, 05:39 PM   #4

CadeFoster HB User
Oh man I saw a full lists of celebs w/o their make-up on. Made me feel great actually. Cameron looked the worse. It's very discouraging that these people have millions and still look like ****.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:01 PM   #5

MistyDawn HB User
I have tried Iredale and BE... I like them a lot, however, they break me out everytime I use them. I don't know why b/c it is supposed to be great for the skin unlike most foundations. It really sucks b/c I love how the make up looks on, especially when I am really clear!

Old 04-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Did anyone else breakout using Iredale? Misty, was your skin oily?

Old 04-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #7

MistyDawn HB User
My skin is combination. Oily t-zone but dry patches here and there. I HAVE to put on moisturizer before make up or my foundation looks like $h!t though.

JI and BE both made me pretty oily. I tried putting powder on over them and even blotting but it didn't really help. I liked how the make up looked but it really seemed to break me out.

I just tried Prescriptives creme to powder foundation ($40) but I decided I like CoverGirl's aquasmooth creme to powder better. It seems to cover more.

Old 04-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Thanks, MistyDawn. I almost bought the JI. I think I'll check the website for Aromaleigh. Have you tried that?

Closed Thread