It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2004, 09:00 PM   #1

Nametaken48 HB User
Differin Users

I have been on Differin Gel for over 3 months now, and am curious on how it has worked for other people. Here's some quick questions to answer, I'll answer them first.

1. What kind of Differin do you use?
Gel

2. How long did it take to see results, and did you get 100% clear?
After 12 weeks I am seeing pretty good results, about 95% clear.

3. Does Differin cause you dryness? If so, how do you deal with it?
Yes, I use moisturizer over Differin at night and also moisturize during the day.

4. Did your face continue to clear up after 12 weeks?
N/A - seems to be improving slowly but surely

5. Did you take any antibiotics while on Differin, if so were you able to keep acne away after dropping the antibiotics?
I am currently taking minocycline and have been weening off it successfully so far, we'll see what happens when I stop taking it completely.

6. Did you become immune to Differin after a long period of time?
N/A-planning to use for at least one year though

7. Rating of Differin (scale 1 worst - 10 best) and any comments:
I'd rate Differin 8/10, I think it's great for whiteheads and mild-moderate acne. It probably won't do much for cysts, and so far it hasn't helped with blackheads.

Old 11-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #2

Nametaken48 HB User
Re: Differin Users

Lol c'mon people I can't be the only one on Differin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #3

babygirl634 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nametaken48
I have been on Differin Gel for over 3 months now, and am curious on how it has worked for other people. Here's some quick questions to answer, I'll answer them first.

Gel

After 12 weeks I am seeing pretty good results, about 95% clear.

Yes, I use moisturizer over Differin at night and also moisturize during the day.

N/A - seems to be improving slowly but surely

5. Did you take any antibiotics while on Differin, if so were you able to keep acne away after dropping the antibiotics?
I am currently taking minocycline and have been weening off it successfully so far, we'll see what happens when I stop taking it completely.

N/A-planning to use for at least one year though

I'd rate Differin 8/10, I think it's great for whiteheads and mild-moderate acne. It probably won't do much for cysts, and so far it hasn't helped with blackheads.

1. Im on the cream
2. ive been on it for about 20 weeks and i rarely get any break outs (as of right now my face is 99% clear and has been that way for about a month)
3. no, differn does not dry me out
4. yes, 20 weeks and counting *keeps fingers crossed*
5. no never took any antibotics but im on birth control and i also use dauc gel in the morning for my face
6. so far no
7. my rating for differin is bout a 8, as the other poster said before it hasnt helped me with blackheads but my face has really cleared up and im very happy with it so far

Old 11-14-2004, 09:42 AM   #4

Nametaken48 HB User

Any others?

Old 11-14-2004, 10:07 AM   #5
(female)

Katrina HB User

Gel

I saw results after about 2 months (got totally clear), then after a few months my acne came back, but never at the severity it had been before.

It does, but my skin has gotten very used to it, since I have been on it for 2 years now. Also, I have leared that you must use a gentle moisurizer with it... always!

see above answer

They started me off on antibiotics and I stopped. I saw little results and I didn't like the idea of having drugs in me all the time, it seemed unhealthy. I stopped and didn't see a worsening or improvement of my skin as a result.

I don't think I ever have. My skin has become more used to it, so it is no longer sensitive to its harshness, but it definetly still works, I can tell.

7. Rating of Differin (scale 1 worst - 10 best) and any comments: I give it an 8 as well. It has most definetly cleared up my pimples and whiteheads, etc. It dries up my breakouts quicker and keeps them from being too severe. I am prone to cystic acne though, and it does not do much to help that. I am counting on a recent change in birth control pills to help that problem.

Old 11-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #6

Nametaken48 HB User

I've also noticed that it helps clear up breakouts quicker. Has anybody gotten rid of blackheads by using Differin?

Old 11-15-2004, 08:01 PM   #7

Nametaken48 HB User

Actually, I have been using the Neutrogena peel the past week, and I think that along with the Differin is helpin with blackheads. Three have surfaced just in the past couple days.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

I HATE Differin! I was put on the face wipe and it made my whole face practically peel off! I had to stop it. Good luck to everyone else though.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #9
(male)

mentaholic HB User

1. Gel

2. 12 weeks

No
@ 14 weeks now, and actually breaking out kinda bad.

No

n/a

QUESTION::: IS ANYONE OILIER THAN BEFORE? I think differin is really good, but 2 hrs after washing my face, it's DRIPPING with oil. It didn't do that before using differin.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

vamp36 HB Uservamp36 HB User

I've been on Differin for about 6 months now. I use nightly. It does not dry my face out. It took about 8 weeks to clear things up. I like it. I'm on hte cream.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:45 PM   #11
(female)

hardcorelosa HB User

Cream

Only about 2-3 weeks and im 98-97% clear

Sort of, i put jergens moisturizing lotion on my face.

N/A not there yet

Nope

N/A

I'd rate Differin 8/10, I think it's great for whiteheads and mild-moderate acne.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #12
(male)

xNinox HB User

mentaholic

Im in the same boat as you...

My face get oily after 1.5 - 2 hours... I think the oil is the major cause of my acne. I'm taking something else thats even better then differin. I geuss because I am Canadian and see a dermatoligist for free, it helps a lot with the costs.

The custom cream that I have been taking for 2 years has been awsome, it worked wonders after 3 months, I slowly stopped taking the cream *BIG MISTAKE* Broke out a little last summer, went away, broke out again this summer, well lets just hope that history repeats itself lol.

47.0 MAGIS (TP ACT/B): 2 Clindapak 560MG / 45 solugel 8.8%

Old 10-23-2005, 10:43 AM   #13
(female)

anxiety_1234 HB User

I have been using Differn Gel now for about 1 week. It seems to be helping but im still getting small pimples(1 or 2) where im putting it on. Im also putting a antibiotic gel on in the mornings and using differn at night. I usually put moisturizer on before I put the differn gel on. Is that better or should I put on my lotion after I put on the Differn Gel? Also..anyone out there reccomend anything for blackheads?

Closed Thread