It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Flax oil pills and acne.

I have seen people mention taking flax oil pills for there acne. How does that help it? I was just wondering. My skin is starting to become very dry on my nose and peal a lot. It is also breaking out a lot. Does skin break out from being too dry? I have taken a flax oil pill the last two days and it seems like it is helping a little. I will continue and see if it gets better. Any others experiences would be great.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

jazmella HB User
Re: Flax oil pills and acne.

Does skin break out from being too dry? Yes. Well, for me it does. I don't use a moisturizer, however I do make sure I drink enough water (at least 2 liters per day) and every other day I use olive oil to wash/moisturize my face...I wash my face, then I use olive oil to hydrate my skin...I rub it in for about 3 minutes, and gently rinse off with the aid of a washcloth, if I need it...You will have a bit of olive oil left on your skin, but your skin will soak that up...I also use a toner afterwards (I alternate between sea salt + water and apple cider vinegar diluted with water).

Edit: Forgot about the original question! lol.

I haven't tried flaxseed yet, but I've been meaning to pick some up the next time I'm at the store. I've been reading good stuff about it, and hey, it can't hurt to try! Even if it doesn't help with acne (not saying it won't, just "if"), it's at least beneficial for your overall health.

Last edited by jazmella; 11-14-2004 at 11:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

Skin definitely breaks out if itís dry because when your skin is dry, your body sends extra oil to the dry area (your face) to try to help it. So the extra oil that is sent does cause acne. As for the flax seed, it does help your skin. I donít know if you would see any difference in just 2 days after taking it, but it does help your skin/acne.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #4
(male)

Pilky HB User

You put actuall olive oil on your skin??

Old 11-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #5
(female)

jazmella HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky
You put actuall olive oil on your skin??
LOL Yes, I do...Every other day (or every 2 days/3 times per week) I rub a little on my cleansed skin/face...It's very beneficial, actually, and one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried! (I only use it at night, since it's too oily to use under makeup...Your skin absorbs the oil overnight, so by morning it's all good)

Last edited by jazmella; 11-14-2004 at 08:22 PM.

Closed Thread