It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2004, 06:51 PM   #1

Flower_03 HB User
Hard Pinkish Bumps- Don't Feel Like Pimples

Hi, for 2 years I have had 2 pimple like bumps along my jaw. At first i thought that they were regular pimples, but they just never went away. About 6 months ago, 2 more of these bumps appeared on the other side of my jaw. They are really weird cos they are hard, pinkish and they don't have puss in them. Are they a sort of cysts/another skin disorder? I also have 1 of these pimple like bumps on my chest. You can't pop them or anything cos they are hard, sort of like a very small raised mole.

I saw a Doctor, but she wasnt much help..She wasnt sure. She gave me an antibiotic lotion, but that didn't work. Maybe I should go to a dermatologist?

I've had acne since 13, but have been taking Diane 35 for the last 3 years. However these pimple like bumps really bother me cos I don't know what they are and they DON'T GO AWAY!! Also it seems like they are spreading!

Its so hard explaining what they are (to anyone who saw them, they'd just think that they were pimples)..but ordinary pimples go away.

Please help...

Last edited by Flower_03; 11-15-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:00 PM   #2

Nametaken48 HB User
Re: Hard Pinkish Bumps- Don't Feel Like Pimples

It sounds like cysts...first off, most take a long time to go away. Also they are underneath the skin so they feel hard and you can't see any pus or anything. I'm not really sure on how to treat cysts, but I'm guessing topical creams wouldn't help out too much. If it really bothers you I'd see a derm...they might be able to give you a injection (can't remember what they're called, sorry) that will reduce the size and everything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

I have one on my right jaw too. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, but its size has went down a lot, because I would shave and nick it and it would bleed, and it just went down. It might be a keloid, but I'm not really sure. The one on your chest might be a keloid, because the chest is a keloid prone area.

Old 11-16-2004, 01:34 AM   #4

Flower_03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgottenFaith
I have one on my right jaw too. I've had mine for almost 2 years now, but its size has went down a lot, because I would shave and nick it and it would bleed, and it just went down. It might be a keloid, but I'm not really sure. The one on your chest might be a keloid, because the chest is a keloid prone area.
Hi, what's a keloid? The bumps are only small- only millimetres in size. I'm a girl, so I don't think I'll be shaving it to try and reduce the size!
Does anyone know about this injection thing? Is there any risks in getting it done? I don't want it ending up worse...
Thanks guys

Old 11-16-2004, 02:15 AM   #5

Flower_03 HB User
Unhappy Re: Hard Pinkish Bumps- Don't Feel Like Pimples

hi I just did a search on the web on keloids, and what I read really scared me. Some of the sites said keloids can form after people get pimples. They arise in the formation of scar tissue and they keep growing in size and are extremely difficult to get rid of. I saw some pictures, but they don't look the same as what I have. With the keloid pictures, you could tell that they were scar-like growths- like masses of dense fibre/skin.
Mine just look like ordinary pimples, that just don't go away. But I am getting REALLY worried how some people said that they had pimples and then they turned into big keloids. I've had my bumps for 2-3 years and they've stayed the same size- so I'm not sure what they are. I'm freaking out though, so if anyone has any information, please let me know. I think I'll book an appointment with the dermatologist. I think its strange how the Dr couldn't tell me what they were.. she said they could be a cyst, but wasn't at all definate. If they were keloid scars, you would think she'd be able to diagnose it.

Closed Thread