It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2004, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

Healthy.J HB User
Danger, Danger!!! Black Soap and Acne!

I took the advice of someone on the board about using African black soap for acne. That was one of my biggest mistakes! It broke me out bad the first night I used it. I could literally feel it clogging my pores and slightly irritating my skin. I must have gotten five pimples from the stuff. I would advice caution on using black soap, for people with acne. This may be okay for some people, but it was definitely not okay for me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 09:03 PM   #2

shisimagum HB User
Re: Danger, Danger!!! Black Soap and Acne!

which ones did you get? There are alot of FAKE black soap on the market. You have to go to a real African who gots it imported from Africa to get the real thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #3
(male)

Healthy.J HB User

Oh I got the real stuff believe me. It was from an African woman, and was imported from Ghana. It was not dark black, but brownish colors. Man you would not believe how bad it messed up my skin. It made my skin feel softer and all that, but it broke me out like nothing I had ever used. It was a big mistake for me. Many derms say that people with acne prone skin should not use soap. It leaves a residue and blocks pores. Right after I used it and patted my skin dry I felt like it didn't clean good enough and it left some of it in my skin. I guess its not for everyone. This also goes to show that not everything that "all natural" is good for acne prone skin. Thanks for trying to give some advise, but that stuff now has a skull and cross bones on it for me. I still have the bar and I'm thinking about selling it or something (to someone without acne).

Old 11-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #4

Valley Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy.J
Oh I got the real stuff believe me. It was from an African woman, and was imported from Ghana. It was not dark black, but brownish colors. Man you would not believe how bad it messed up my skin. It made my skin feel softer and all that, but it broke me out like nothing I had ever used. It was a big mistake for me. Many derms say that people with acne prone skin should not use soap. It leaves a residue and blocks pores. Right after I used it and patted my skin dry I felt like it didn't clean good enough and it left some of it in my skin. I guess its not for everyone. This also goes to show that not everything that "all natural" is good for acne prone skin. Thanks for trying to give some advise, but that stuff now has a skull and cross bones on it for me. I still have the bar and I'm thinking about selling it or something (to someone without acne).
Hi Healthy J,

It is a big misconception that "all natural" products are better for the skin than products found in the drug stores, beauty supply stores, department stores, supermarkets, etc.

I would advise against using products made out of someone's kitchen because the health and sanity standards/regulations that are imposed on many companies are not present in grandma's kitchen. You have no idea of the conditions that were present in the area where the soap was being made. Do you know if the items and utensils they used were sterilized? Were the ingredients fresh and of the highest quality? Did they even wash their hands before preparing the soap? There is absolutely no way for you to ever know any of these things. If you must buy products that are "all natural", then please only buy from a well reputed company like Jason, Rachel Perry, Zia, Desert Essence, Kiss My Face, Etc.

Old 11-26-2004, 10:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Healthy.J

I'm sorry that soap broke you out!! I just got mine the other day and hoping for good results. Like you said, it's probably not for everyone. I guess that just shows you how different we all are from each other.

Anyway, I hope you clear up quick!!! Take care!!!

Old 11-26-2004, 08:03 PM   #6

shisimagum HB User

maybe you didn't rinse well, cuz i skin is very clean feeling about i used it

Closed Thread