It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 07:22 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User
Re: Tamanu Oil For Acne Scars

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousP
anibanani,

I was just wondering what you did to get rid of your acne? I remember (i think) you saying that you were having problems with acne (maybe it was just red marks) but did you take like accutane or anything?
it's been a while since I have posted, not to make anyone feel bad but I'm actually clear and living it up while it lasts. I never did go on accutane and don't plan to either or any other drug, I cleared myslef primarily by watching what I eat, supplements, and by using tamanu oil. I also use dermanew microdermabrasion system with the tamanu oil this has been smoothing out my scars like you wouldn't believe. I wish I had taken before and after pictures because this stuff is amazing, my skin is not dry, red, or flaky like before just creamy white. I take alpha lipoic acid with biotin, borage seed oil,
wash my face with camocare cleanser and put tamanun oil and jojoba on top of tamanu only at night(the jojoba makes it absorb more), I wash my face only once a day and by morning I just blot away whatever oil I still have left, this has stopped the excess oil production in my skin, I finally found a balance. BY the way as for diet wise I have narrowed it down to avoding sugar, corn syrup, cheese, milk, peanuts_these are the major aggressors so I avoid eating them as much as possible. If you guys have anymore ?'s feel free to ask

Old 01-08-2005, 07:47 AM   #17
(female)

Katrina HB User

Tamanu oil has done amazing things for my skin as well. Last summer, I had about 10 cystic pimples on my face at one time and had a completely red face. I stopped using the duac that was prescribed for me because after a decade of trying everything (I am 25) I have found that benzol peroxide just irritates my skin and makes my breakouts redder and last longer. In October I switched my birth control to Yasmin from Orthocyclin and about 75% of my skin problems cleared. I then started putting tamanu oil on at night before bed (I mix a drop of it with aloe vera gel as an easy way to apply it evenly.) Since then, my red marks have decreased significantly, my face is smooth, and those breakouts I do have are never cystic and are little tiny pimples that go away in 2 days. I haven't had such clear skin in 10 years. I also exfoliate every 3 days with an organic pumpkin mask and gently wash twice a day with the all-natural aurmore soap. I think the switch to natural topical remedies has really helped my redness by eliminating chemicals. Thank you to everyone who has made these recommendations! I never would have such good success without these boards!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I don't know about Tamanu oil because I haven't tried it. But the silkia camellia oil I'm using (with Epidermx) is visibly reducing my acne scar indents. So I do believe certain oils can heal acne scars.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:54 AM   #19
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

I didn't try the epidermx but I did try the camelia oil and it felt too greasy on my skin so I stopped using that but I'm glad it's working for you

Old 01-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #20
Veteran
(female)

Anibanani HB User

by the way I read an interesting fact in a book called "new choces in natural healing"; it said to decrease access oil production on your skin you apply more oil, essential oil like tamanu or jojoba, they reccomend lemongrass along with apricot or hazelnut right after cleansing. It makes sense to me ever since I started using tamanu and jojoba my skin is no longer oily and not to mention clear. I hope you guys try these things I wouldn't sit here wasting my time preaching if I didn't see with my own two eyes that they work.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #21
(female)

Katrina HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anibanani
by the way I read an interesting fact in a book called "new choces in natural healing"; it said to decrease access oil production on your skin you apply more oil, essential oil like tamanu or jojoba, they reccomend lemongrass along with apricot or hazelnut right after cleansing. It makes sense to me ever since I started using tamanu and jojoba my skin is no longer oily and not to mention clear. I hope you guys try these things I wouldn't sit here wasting my time preaching if I didn't see with my own two eyes that they work.
I'm there with you, Anibani. I think I and alot of other people have wasted alot of time and money with high-chemical remedies that just make our skin more unhappy and irritated. Tamanu has been a miracle cure for me.

Closed Thread