It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2003, 11:27 AM   #1
(female)

ugly HB User
Post Has drinking lots of water helped you at all?

I hate drinking water. On average, I probably only drink one small glass a day. Does drinking a lot of water really help you that much?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #2
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
water does all kinds of things for your guts and health...i would try getting a filter (got one?) and youll like that fresh taste better. fill up a big water bottle and take it on the go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2003, 01:51 PM   #3

candy1111 HB User
Water is supposed to help. You should be drinking 8 glasses of water a day. But who has the time for that or the bladder? All things contribute to how your skin looks, the way you wash it and what you wash it with, your diet, etc. If I were you I'd probably try to drink more water, its good for your skin but also for your body.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:41 AM   #4

koshechka HB User
Starting adding more water slowly. Don't overdo it.

It took me several months to reach 8 glasses of water or herbal teas. I do have prepare water for my work, and whenever I go I carry a hard-plastic bottle with filtered water in it.

Buying filters is chipper than buying plastic bottles with water.

I would not say that it helped my acne a lot, but when my doctor was listening my heart, she asked if I drink a lot of water. I assumed that water hydrates my organizm, so my heart works better.

I hope that helps.
Let's get some water in drink it!!
Cheers!!

Old 01-27-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
(male)

denny_gee HB User
I love water, I say I drink more then 8 glasses a day.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:48 PM   #6

MistyDawn HB User
YES. Water has helped me. I knew I had to drink more of it while taking all the vitamins. I drink about 64 oz a day. I put a pinch of Crystal lite in mine b/c I do not like plain water either.

Old 01-27-2003, 08:53 PM   #7

reeny HB User
I agree. Water is VERY GOOD for you - skin, body. It cleanses you externally and internally. But make sure that you are drinking pure water and not flavored water. The added sugars in flavored water only exacerbate acne.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
I love water, I try to drink 8 glasses a day, or just carry drink bottles round with me. My skin always looks better when i've been drinking lots of water for a few days.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:34 PM   #9
Inactive

whatdidisay HB User
drinking alot of water does not help.
this summer when I first discovered this board and saw people saying to drink lots of water i went strictly on a water, no soda diet.
unfortunately, my face was still full of cysts and whiteheads and oil was horrible,
too much water also washes out vitamins before your body can absorb them.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:34 PM   #10

Phil Dawg HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by whatdidisay:
drinking alot of water does not help.
this summer when I first discovered this board and saw people saying to drink lots of water i went strictly on a water, no soda diet.
unfortunately, my face was still full of cysts and whiteheads and oil was horrible,
too much water also washes out vitamins before your body can absorb them.
Try knowing what you're talking about before you post. Water does help in ALOT of other ways then just your skin. Doesnt help your skin? drink it anyway. I seen a post a few days ago where the person said just by the doctor listening to his or her Heart-beat, he or she could tell that person drank water. Also, water cleans out alot of the toxins in your body. If you wanna keep drinking soda, be my guest.

------------------
God Bless New York City.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #11

CadeFoster HB User
I drink a gallon of what (sometimes more) every day and it doesn't help me at all. It might be worse if I didn't but it doesnt work miracles.

Old 01-29-2003, 09:59 PM   #12

Phil Dawg HB User
And you've been drinking it everyday for how long?. Water is just like everything else, it takes time to see results.

------------------
God Bless New York City.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #13
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
ive been drinking over a gallon of water a day everyday probably for like a year... never cleared me.

Old 01-30-2003, 08:15 AM   #14

Amabel HB User
Just drinking lots of water has never helped my skin. When I can control my cravings though, and eat whole foods (fruits, vegetables, brown rice, etc), THEN it makes a difference whether or not I drink water or have a soda. Soda definitely contributes to my acne, but it's not noticeable if I remove it from my diet but still eat junk food, because I still get tons of pimples from the sugar. Does that make sense?

Old 01-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #15

candy1111 HB User
Just drinking water is not going to clear your acne! It's not supposed to be a miracle worker. It's only supposed to help. You have to take care of your whole body by drinking water and the right foods. Having a good face wash and OTC or prescription will help your skin. You can't rely on only one thing to make something better, you have to look at all the aspects of acne in order to know how to control it.

Closed Thread