It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #1

wanna_b_clear HB User
Thumbs up BURT'S BEES SAVED MY FACE!

HI EVERYONE!
I JUST WANTED OTHERS TO KNOW THAT BURT'S BEES WILD LETTUCE BAR AND TONER SAVED MY FACE FROM EMBARRASSING ACNE! THEY ARE VERY GENTLE BUT YET VERY EFFECTIVE! I'VE HAD VERY OILY AND ACNE-PRONE SKIN FOR MANY YEARS. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING OVER THE COUNTER AND PRESCRIPTION! NOTHING WORKED LIKE BURT'S. MAYBE IT MIGHT HELP OTHERS. JUST THOUGHT I'D SPREAD THE WORD!

Old 03-11-2003, 07:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Question

Good for you! What do you like about this soap and toner? Did you find a health foood store that carried the line, or did you have to order it on line? Also I read in another post how you use Double Matte by Estee Lauder and so do I and I love it, that's why I'm interested to find out more about your cleansing care routine with Burt's!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2003, 10:05 AM   #3

Tummy HB User
never tried the face products, but I love the chapstick. Tingly every time and feels like menthol.

Old 03-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Veteran

Testament HB User
How old are you? How bad was your acne? Did you have body acne? How long did it take you to see results after using Burt's Bees?

Congratulations, glad its working for you.

Old 03-11-2003, 08:56 PM   #5

wanna_b_clear HB User
Well, let's see. I've had acne on my face and back since I was in high school. It was usually the big cyst kind. It was especially worse around the time of my period. I'm now 26 and I've just started using Burt's Bees. It's cleared up my skin almost totally! Now I only have a pimple maybe once a month, and it's not a bad one! Burt's has also cleared up the blackheads! Here's what I do:

Everymorning: Lather up Burt's Lettuce Bar, then rub it all over my face and neck with my fingers (not a towel). Just rub around in circles to loosen all the oil and dirt. Then rinse with lukewarm water (not hot). Pat dry with a towel. Then using a cottonball, gently rub the Wild Lettuce Toner all over my face and neck.

Every Night: Repeat the same procedure as in the morning.

Every 3-4 days: I use a peel-off facial mask like the Cucumber Melon mask by Freeman. (you can buy this at WAl-mart or Eckerd's etc.) I like this because it helps in the winter time to lift all the dead cells. In the summer, I was told to do this less frequently.

So, I hope this helps others.
Just give the Lettuce soap and toner about 1 week, and you will see improvement! Believe me, I've tried almost everything!
Hope it helps!

Old 03-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #6

wanna_b_clear HB User
Sorry, I forgot to answer all the questions.
I've been using burt's for about 3 months now and it showed improvement after about 1 week.
I bought a starter pack off of Ebay, and just yesterday I bidded on a full size soap and toner and I got both for a total of $15.50. I thought that was a good deal. I don't have a store that sells it close to me, but you can look on their website (burt's bees.com) and they will tell you a store near you, or order straight from them.
Enjoy!

Old 03-12-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
hey wanna b,
My question is why did you choose the lettuce bar geared for dry and sensitive instead of the tomato soap which is more for problem skin types?
Bonus!!! I was able to find a beauty supply store 5 minutes from my house that carries the entire line! I forgot which soap you mentioned, so I bought the tomato one instead! Oh no! Did go for the lip balm too which is really tingly.

Old 03-12-2003, 02:54 PM   #8
(female)

MoonOverMarin HB User
Talking

I also found a beauty supply store right by my house that sells Burt's Bees products. I'm excited to try it. This Neutrogena stuff isn't doing anything for me.

I've also tried Dermalogica. It "feels" like it's working because it tingles, but it didn't really do much for my face.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:38 PM   #9

cholo HB User
Smile

hey wanna be clear I'm happy that you found products that work for you I have sensitive skin is there anything that is harsh in the's products that can iritate your skin some people say that alpha hydroxy acid can cause your skin to get worse but i read on what you were saying about the's products and I'm gonna try them has well now I have been using cetaphil and aloe vera 100% juice has a moisturizer but I am very interested in trying the lettuce soap and again congratulations on your skin and for sharing it with us.

Old 03-12-2003, 06:26 PM   #10

MiamiBarbie HB User
I am very glad this has worked for you. I wanted to ask though, the wild lettuce bar is meant for very dry skin and you say, you have oily skin. I don't understand the logic behind it. ....please answer how your skin is now-oily, or normal?

Old 03-12-2003, 08:03 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
MiamiBarbie,
Thats exactly my point! That's why I chose the tomato soap instead of the lettuce soap, but awaiting feedback from wanna b.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:14 PM   #12

wanna_b_clear HB User
Hi Everyone!
I want to explain why the Lettuce bar and not the Tomato bar. Someone once told me that if you use products meant for oily skin, they strip too much oil from your skin, causing a rush of oil, and then acne! So, I decided to try the Lettuce bar which is meant for dry to sensitive skin. Now, don't get me wrong, if you try the Tomato bar, it might work just as good! These products are 97% natural! Below is a list of the ingredients:
Vegetable soap base, fragrance, wild lettuce powder, aloe barbadensis, comfrey leaf powder.

I also wanted to explain comfrey:
It contains allantoin, a skin ingredient that promotes healing, and is known for its regenerating and soothing properties. The extract of the Comfrey plant is anti-inflammatory, astringent and emollient. Aids the healing of open wounds, cuts, burns, and bruises.

With all of this info, I hope I have helped others!
Oh, by the way, my skin stays shine-free by using a great foundation too (Estee Lauder's Double Matte). It doesn't clog pores and It has an ingredient that soothes the skin. Write back with any questions!

Old 03-12-2003, 08:55 PM   #13

cholo HB User
wanna be clear what do you use for a moisturizer and also thank you for explaining the ingredients I think that is also very helpful to all of us.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:00 PM   #14

wanna_b_clear HB User
Hi Cholo,
I don't use a moisturizer because the toner works good enough, and it doesn't leave my skin tight and dry. I haven't found a moisturizer that I like anyway. They all seem to make my face feel oily.
I'm happy if the info helps anyone!

Old 03-13-2003, 08:43 AM   #15

cholo HB User
Smile

thank you very much wanna be clear.

Closed Thread