It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
(male)

primo1 HB User
dry skin after washing then oily after 4 hours...

hi,

ok, so after washing my face using my clean & clear facial cleanser, i have dry skin. then like 4 to 5 hours later my face is oily. so im not sure what cleanser should i use. should i use a cleanser that is for dry skin or for oily skin? 'cause im not sure if the reason i get oily skin later is because i get dry skin after washing my face?

thanks.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Re: dry skin after washing then oily after 4 hours...

your skin is dry after washing because clean and clear is actually a quite strong cleasner... sepite its claims to be gentle..try neutrogena foaming facial cleaner or Cetaphil..of oil of olay sesntive skin foaming wash...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
(male)

primo1 HB User

thanks.

so do you think the reason i get oily skin later is because i get dry after washing my face?

Old 12-02-2004, 09:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I get like that when I don't moisturize or if I put alcohol on my face. It almost feels like my skin goes into panic mode thinking "oh no, no moisture!!" and sends in the oil ships to cause an oil spill on my face.

My advise would be to use a really mild foaming cleanser like Basis and then put a light film of an oil free moisturizer like Purpose on while the skin is still warm and just about dry.

If you already do then then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo1
thanks.

so do you think the reason i get oily skin later is because i get dry after washing my face?
yes. You're probably overdrying it when you wash and then your skin is overcompensating.

The skin is quite clever. It know when its too dry.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Hi,

I too had a similar problem a few weeks back, I decided to totally alter my cleansing routine from just washing with a facial wipe to washing with an astrigent facial cleanser, After washing my face was totally matt and it felt really clean but an hour later it was like an oil slick much worse than it has ever been before, I stopped this routine about a week ago and returned to using a simple facial wipe containing Tea tree oil and witch hazel morning and evening, one week later and my oil production is back to normal, yes it's still over producing but at an amount i can cope with lol.

Old 12-03-2004, 04:14 AM   #7
(male)

Tenner HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouselad1974
Hi,

I too had a similar problem a few weeks back, I decided to totally alter my cleansing routine from just washing with a facial wipe to washing with an astrigent facial cleanser, After washing my face was totally matt and it felt really clean but an hour later it was like an oil slick much worse than it has ever been before, I stopped this routine about a week ago and returned to using a simple facial wipe containing Tea tree oil and witch hazel morning and evening, one week later and my oil production is back to normal, yes it's still over producing but at an amount i can cope with lol.
May I suggest you explore http://www.hygieia.co.uk - I have no connection with this firm ( read about them in various newspapers and mags incl SAGA ) and decided to give them a call - the results , using their No 1 cream, have been superb for me

Closed Thread