It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Chemical Peel Luck Anyone? (fading redmarks)

Well ive gotten my acne under control finally after 4 yrs. Soon as i stopped picking/squeezing and even worrying about my face. It slowly improved over last 3 months. Now im so excited i get maybe one or two a week instead of 3-4 a day. Anyways, now i have all these redmarks from me picking and squeezing. And i want to get rid of them the fastest way possible.

I have appt for derm on jan 20, was told chem peels cost 30-130$ or somthing like that. Damn insurance won't cover them. :/

Anyone know what the diff prices are for?
How many times do you need the peels to rid, or really fade the marks real good?
What side effects did you have from the peel?
Are chem peels the only things for fading redmarks?

Thanks in advance. :P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User
Re: Chemical Peel Luck Anyone? (fading redmarks)

I got a TCA 30% peel done about a month ago and I'm satisfied with the results. It does a great job in fading existing red marks, especially if you don't have active acne anymore. The chemical peel assists your skin at sloughing off the top layer and the dullness that may also exist. Prior to opting for a chemical peel, my skin use to be dry (still is), but my skin looks so much better now that the dullness is gone. I had a few red marks from stubborn recurring zits, and the chemical peel did a great job in diminishing the redness. Overall, I'm satisfied with how my red marks have progressed but even more impressed with how smooth my skin is now that the dullness is gone. The elimination of the dullness is a given when you get a chemical peel done, and the diminishing of the red marks vary from person to person. Hope this helps.

As for your questions:

1.Anyone know what the diff prices are for? The price difference solely depends on the strength of the solution that will be used.

2.How many times do you need the peels to rid, or really fade the marks real good? It varies from person to person. You have to maintain realistic goals, because no red mark will completely fade, you're always going to have something to remind you of the scar.

3.What side effects did you have from the peel? The main side-effects are itching, slight throbbing, and peeling of course. You can counteract the throbbing and the itching by simply popping a benadryl and applying vaseline to your face for the first several days after you got the peel done. The effects are similar to those of a sunburn. Your skin will appear red then gradually become pink after your skin is done peeling.

4.Are chem peels the only things for fading redmarks? A Chemical peel is not the only method to diminish the appearance of red marks, but in my opinion it is the fastest at doing so. I tried hydroquinone and retin-a micro and they take forever just to notice any changes and they are irritating as he**. Not to say that the chemical peel isn't irritating, but it subsides within a week or two.

Last edited by ForgottenFaith; 12-19-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Hey, thanks for your reply. How much did you pay for your peel? And how did your face look throughout the week or two. Nasty? Thanks again.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

ForgottenFaith HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwgoodguy
Hey, thanks for your reply. How much did you pay for your peel? And how did your face look throughout the week or two. Nasty? Thanks again.
I paid $175. The first week my face looked like I had a sunburn, just red in appearance and peeling. By the second week my skin was just about done peeling and a little pink in appearance. As far as me thinking if it looked nasty or not, I'd say not really, because I stayed inside, and I knew the peeling was to be expected. Nobody saw me after I got the peel done so I wasn't stressing that much. The only nasty thing is that you will have little clumps of dead skin, and you can't assist your skin in peeling it off because it may cause scarring. Seeing that you no longer suffer from acne, you should be satisfied with the results. You can also read my chemical peel journal that I have on this message board, just run a search.

Last edited by ForgottenFaith; 12-19-2004 at 09:19 PM.

Closed Thread