It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 07:08 PM   #1

drealuv HB User
HELP, please, pimple on my nose :(

Hello everyone,
Ok, so I don't get pimples too much and have clear skin for the most part, but once in a while I get a pimple and it's always on my nose!!! I've had this one now for about 2 weeks, I've tried icing it and putting BP on it and the swelling went down just a little bit, but it's still there, I don't know what to do, and there are no derms in my area that can get me in asap, they're all booked. I'm not sure it this is a cyst or what, anyone please help me, any tips on how to make this go away, thanx.

Old 12-22-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
(male)

BallaLoc254 HB User
Re: HELP, please, pimple on my nose :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealuv
Hello everyone,
Ok, so I don't get pimples too much and have clear skin for the most part, but once in a while I get a pimple and it's always on my nose!!! I've had this one now for about 2 weeks, I've tried icing it and putting BP on it and the swelling went down just a little bit, but it's still there, I don't know what to do, and there are no derms in my area that can get me in asap, they're all booked. I'm not sure it this is a cyst or what, anyone please help me, any tips on how to make this go away, thanx.
well cortisone shot is one, I've heard of it many times but never tried it, it's done by either your doctor or derm and it causes the pimple to go down considerably in just a few days. expensive though, but works the best

try aloe vera, best if it's 100%, there's a fruit-of-the-earth one that i use, and the aloe vera helps inflammation, and will not irritate it like the bp might be doing.

Salycic acid (sp?) might also help, but again might irritate it like the bp and make it worse. good luck with it, try to limit the stuff you put on it like the bp which irritates and makes most of mine worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #3

drealuv HB User

Do I have to go to a Derm for a cortisone shot or can I go to a regular doctor or even a doctors on duty type place?

Old 12-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
(male)

Buzzsaw HB User

Hi drealuv,

It's possible that the pimple is an ingrown hair, especially if it's been there a couple weeks. I know that sounds a little gross, but hairs, even tiny ones, sometimes do get "stuck." I had a hideous pimple on my nose, made me look like Rudolph. I tried everything I could. Finally I got fed up and was able to pop the sucker. And out came a hair! Again, I know it sounds gross, but it does happen.

Plus, if it's a hair, acne products probably won't help, which might explain why you have had no success so far.

Wish I could give you a solution. Maybe there are products for ingrown hairs, I really don't know.

Take care,

Buzz

Old 12-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #5
Inactive

Crapple67 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drealuv
Do I have to go to a Derm for a cortisone shot or can I go to a regular doctor or even a doctors on duty type place?
You have to goto the derm. Reg doctors will not do it for you. I have had it done a couple of times during my accutane checkups. From 24hrs of when I got the shot the cyst was completely gone no matter the size. You may have trouble geting in the to see the derm. My first appt was 2 months out. Also, just because there is a har in the pimple does not mean its an ingrown hair espicially if there is pus and blood in it.

Closed Thread