It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #1
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Angry Dry skin patches & zits too! What about you?

I get really bad dry skin from the corners of my mouth and down to my chin. Also along the cheekbone line, like where you'd put blush. And in those same spots I develop pimples. I already have very dry skin. What can people with already existing dry skin do to get rid of dry flakes on the surface, especially if the dry skin is causing the breakouts?

Old 12-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User
Re: Dry skin patches & zits too! What about you?

Try using a moisturizer that doesn't have alcohol/acid in it. Alcohol/acid can cause the skin to get dried out, thats why they put it in acne products. The acid/alcohol dries the pimples out. Also, try to look for one that won't make you oily, a lot of moisturizers can make you go from one extreme to the other.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2004, 10:03 AM   #3
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

Thanks. This is all so complicated.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #4
(female)

kta HB User

Try getting an acne medication like Klaron from your derm. It's really gentle, and it moisturizes. Also, try some kind of Neutrogena lotion. They work really well for dry skin and don't clog your pores.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
(male)

fixme HB User

i have the same problem...around my mouth and chin gets dry and in the winter i break out but in the summer im fine cause its not dry.....i went to the derm and he gave me benzaclin he said apply it to the zits then use lubriderm all over your face right after...lubriderm wont clog your pores and feels great all over your skin

Old 12-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Benzaclin is VERY drying and is probably gonna make the problem worse.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
(male)

fixme HB User

not if you moisturize immediately after applying it?...my skin is never dry when i put lubriderm on after...

Old 12-29-2004, 12:00 PM   #8

surenitynow HB User

i had a problem similar to that... .dry skin that would kinda flake as well as some zits around it...and i never really wanted to "moisturize" the area because i thought it would worsen the breakouts... but when i would use lotion it really didnt get rid of the dry skin anyway...so i opted for a lotion by nutrogena with alpha hydroxy acid (the sensitive skin one)...it is the best thing that has worked for a long time...im glad i found it.. it got rid of the dry patches and did not worsen breakouts at all... maybe you should give it a try.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:27 PM   #9
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

surenity, what's the exact name of the alpha-hydroxy product that you use? I looked in Giant for what you described, and I'm not sure if they had it or not....

Old 01-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #10

surenitynow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
surenity, what's the exact name of the alpha-hydroxy product that you use? I looked in Giant for what you described, and I'm not sure if they had it or not....

hi, sorry for this late reply...

its called : neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion -sensitive skin-...it comes in a box.
(theres usually other identical boxes around it but make sure you get the sensitive skin one)

i reciently got it for my friend too and couldnt find it at K-mart so i went to Longs drugs and got it there (if your not fimilar with those stores, basically just go to a drug store or just look around at a wal-mart type store) its not really an uncommon product i dont think.. i hope you find it, its still working great for me.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #11

shisimagum HB User

Doesn't skin products with AHA make your skin photosensitive?

Old 01-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #12
(female)

honey4 HB User

hey i hav oily skin and i tried using a moisturizer on my face but it left my face 2 greasy. i am almost positive that it will work 4 your skin.
the cream is called Complex 15 and it made by dermatologists. you can get it at drug stores or pharmacies, its an over the counter cream

Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #13
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

I thought complex 15 was for dry skin???

Old 01-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #14
(female)

honey4 HB User

well its not just 4 dry skin someone i no uses it and they hav oiler skin than i do and it works 4 them its supposed 2 balance your skin oils

Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
I get really bad dry skin from the corners of my mouth and down to my chin. Also along the cheekbone line, like where you'd put blush. And in those same spots I develop pimples. I already have very dry skin. What can people with already existing dry skin do to get rid of dry flakes on the surface, especially if the dry skin is causing the breakouts?
YES!!! I have that too. isn't it weird?? For a while my skin was incredibly greasy while also being dry and flaky at the same time!! Even though it felt greasy I still had to use a moisturizer to soothe the dry areas.

What I do that works well is to use St. ives scrub on a dry face then rinse off and use a foaming wash to wash the face - using almost hot water. When its well rinsed, I dry my hands (but not my face) and put a glob of moisturizer and rub around. By the time I've done this my face has airdried but still feels warm and slightly damp and then I massage the creme/lotion onto my skin. This way it just makes it so soft.

I NEVER apply moisturizer to dry skin - it just doesn't work!!

Closed Thread