It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #1

specialerthanu HB User
Yasmin and acne?

Ok so I have pretty bad acne on my back, and because I took mino my face is pretty good alot of red marks but not alot of pimples, so they put me on spiralactone(sp?) and Yasmin Im not taking the spiralactone because I dont like the idea of that much libdo lost, but I dont know if yasmin will really help me anybody with positive results because of it?

Old 12-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

LkK2507 HB User
Re: Yasmin and acne?

Hey.. Im taking yasamin I just finished the 2nd week and My skin is still bad. I didnt expect it would make it better right away anyway. before Yasamin I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and it made me way worse (I think) all I know is I never had it as bad or in the places Im getting cysts now before I started Ortho Lo. Anyway I have sinse found out from others that Ortho Lo has not been good for many girls on it for there acne too. I had to stay on a BC cause Im staring Accutane here in the next 2 weeks so I had my gyno switch me to a BC that is better known to help acne.
I would love to hear any feedback from anyone on Yasamin as well. Do you have a bad initial break out on it? I read somewhere that it might be rough the 1st month or so.. I dunno

Thanks

Last edited by LkK2507; 12-31-2004 at 09:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2004, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

Shy One HB User

Stick with Yasmin for at least 4 months. It took around 4 months for my skin to start clearing. I have problems with my back breaking out too. I've been on Yasmin for over a year and it's still working for my back acne pretty well. Not as well as it used to but better than nothing.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #4

surenitynow HB User

hey there

i am a week into my 4th month with yasmin.
up intil the last week of my third month i saw no change in my acne (face) and it just never let up, for about 3 months (i was pretty discouraged too). But on my last week of my 3rd month i finally saw the acne let up a little.. now it seems like its just getting better and better...i still have a few tiny spots but if i dont mess with them they go away and arent very bad.
im ultimately shotting for month 6 to see if things get even better because ive heard girls say "give it 4-6 months". Im only in the begining of month 4 and things are deffinately better than the begining months. i deffinately agree with those who say give it time.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

Katrina HB User

I switched to Yasmin 2 months ago (I just started my third month pack) from using OrthoCyclin. My skin changed immediately. I still get cystic breakouts, but only at about 20% of what it used to be.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

bordrgrl HB User

Spironolactone didn't change my sex drive at all, but the pill always kills it. So if Yasmin doesn't work its worth at try.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #7
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

Yasmin contains spironolactone. You should look it up on the internet for more info. It's a small amount, though, so maybe it won't affect your sex drive all that much.

I had to get off of the Yasmin because it made me breakout very badly with cysts around my chin and jawline. I was on it for over a year. Once I switched back to Zovia, my skin cleared up in 6 months.

Yasmin does work well for some people, though. If you notice alot more jawline acne, though, I would get off of it. Lots of people at this board have reported an increase in jawline acne on Yasmin.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #8
(female)

Katrina HB User

The severe jawline acne I had before taking Yasmin has completely dissappeared now that I am on it. I guess it is different for everyone!

Old 01-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
Veteran

OhMyFace HB User

It certainly is, which is why it makes it so frustrating for people looking for help! What works for one, just won't for another.
Grrr!!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:23 PM   #10

specialerthanu HB User

Well, Yasmin has hurt my sex drive ALOT and I do get really bad cysts now on my jawline when before Id only get them around my period and now its like WHAM all over its awful. And I knew if had sprio in it, just to add more to it would only hurt it more I figured. Ive been on it almost a month and I broke out so bad

Old 01-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #11
(female)

yumel HB User

hi, I just went to doctor yesterday and asked him to prescibe me Yasmin.
I will start taking it this Sunday. I didn't know if I should start, since I just read ppl said it will give more breakouts and the side effects. I have not take any birth control pills before. So now I hesitate...I really want to have good skins. I have acne skin for 4 yrs...really upset me a lot...my skin is very strange...sometimes good, sometimes bad...sometimes is clear..and all of a sudden like recently sooo many big ones growing and they hurt a lot. Please help, should I give Yasmin a try? or is there other BC pills are better that you guys have tried. Please reply me. Thanks! I really hope all of us will have very clear skin very very soon..I always just wish I have no pimples on my face....in all these 4 yrs...

Old 01-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
(female)

yumel HB User

hi , can i stop Yasmin after a month if I see the pills not working for my zits?
or I have to continue to take till 3 months?

Old 01-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #13
(female)

Shy One HB User

Well... you CAN stop after a month but i doubt it will start working after only a month. It took over 4 months for me to see a difference in my skin.

Old 02-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #14
(female)

june1234 HB User

Does anyone know if Yasmin has the same blood clot risk as Diane-35? I've been taking Diane for about 2 years now and haven't experienced any side effects except for some weight gain, but it's completely cleared up my skin. But because of the weight gain, I was thinking of giving Yasmin a try.

Old 02-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
Inactive

cln5462 HB User

Yamin killed my sex drive and my skin. A real lovely combination. I almost strangled my derm for putting me on it. The only BCP that worked for me was Desogen. But I hear good things about Diane-35.

Closed Thread