It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 06:56 AM   #1

dbarker348 HB User
I think I may know what contributes to my acne...

Stress... yup after 8 years of constant acne this is all I can seem to figure out it is.

I started university September 2003, and just before I had MEGA breakouts (which I thought was from starting B5). From then until Christmas my skin gradually got a lot better. I guess because I was making new friends and loving being at the new place and the new life.

Then I went to San Francisco for Christmas and New Years (the only thing stopping me before was lack of confidence from my skin). I was soooo glad I went. So from then my skin was actually really good. I went back to San Francisco for Easter and my skin was the best it has been for years.

But while I was there I got some bad news... and from then on my skin started going down hill. I was stressing about the news I got while I was out there, plus had exams coming up. By the start of summer my skin was still quite good but not the best it had been.

Over the summer my skin got really bad (which I can only think was due to the hot weather... I didn't partcularly have a stressful time) and it hasn't recovered. I went back to university in September 2004 for my second year and I've been REALLY stressed about it, and the stuff in San Francisco etc. My skin has just been mega bad the whole time.

Then just around Christmas for a week my skin was soooo good and I got like 1 zit the whole time (normally I get at least 6 a day). I was so pleased, I guessed it was because I wasn't really that stressed. But then around New Years eve... I got mega stressed again and my skin broke out really bad - and still is.

So I dunno if it's a coincidence or what but all I can see is this...
Low Stress:
My trips to San Francisco and starting (and enjoying university)... happy times = no acne

High Stress:
Exams, worrying about what I found out in SF, worrying about university... unhappy = acne

Just thought I'd share that with ya I'm a bit less stressed right now so I'm *hoping* my skin will settle down for a while. But guess what... I have exams in two weeks woohoo lol
I've been drinking a lot more water recently so hopefully that'll help.

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Needzhelp HB User
Re: I think I may know what contributes to my acne...

Yea stress does contribute a lot to acne but i believe that's only 1 peice to the puzzle. Some ppl get it from their horomones or all the junk food in the body. I noticed to that stress does have a big effect on my acne so i try to just enjoy life and get my mind off the stress (unless it's eustress, then there's nothing you can do about it.)

Closed Thread