It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

mamba HB User
Need info on Brevoxyl 4, nicamide tablets, adoxa, klaron 10%, differin 0.1% gel

My dermatologist put me on this treatment:

Wash face with Brevoxyl 4 (twice a day)
Take Nicomide tablets and Adoxa antibiotic pills (twice a day)
Apply Klaron 10% lotion (morning) and Differin 0.1% gel (every other night)
No moisturizer

What are your experiences with these products? What side effects can I expect? I won't stop taking the pills, but the wash and the lotions are making my skin very dry, flaky, and red in some spots and I also noticed a few huge pimples coming on, which weren't there before I started this treatment (I started about 5 days ago). Is this normal or should I stop? Is this treatment maybe too severe for my skin? If necessary, which one do I eliminate? Or would you also start using a moisturizer?

I'm just afraid that I will make my face worse or permanently damage it with all this. Please help - I'm really concerned. Thanks.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Re: Need info on Brevoxyl 4, nicamide tablets, adoxa, klaron 10%, differin 0.1% gel

Thats an awful lot of treatments at once....I 'am currenlty in my second week of Differin gel quite happy with it...U apply only a pea size amount...yes it will cause dryness and flakiness at first...it subsides after ahwile..but if your using that brevoxyl(spelling)? wash that could be keeping u so dry...I wash with neutrogena foaming face wash..and only apply a moisturiser to the very dry areas...close to my nose..I also use Klaron..wheni used it by itself it was ok but a better topi to use in conjunction with another med like differin..SO i applythe differin gel at nite everynite and then 5 mins later the klaron..I was using it during the day but it made y makeup slipperyadn shiny so i do it at nite instead...U will breakout at first...then it will improve...trust me i know it sucks..I was given samples of the differin cux it good for blackheads and preventing future breakouts..the brochure said 8-12 wks to see good results..so hang in there..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #3
(female)

mamba HB User
Re: Need info on Brevoxyl 4, nicamide tablets, adoxa, klaron 10%, differin 0.1% gel

Betsy,

How bad is your acne?
I'm 25 and overall my skin looks OK, but I always have 1 or 2 very deep pimples on my face. If I don't squeeze them out, they don't mature.
If I squeeze them out, they're so deep that they result in little scars (discolorations of the skin). But, I've seen some pictures of bad acne on the web and my skin is not as bad - so should I do this? I just have this fear of messing up my face even more with these drugs.

If you're using differin for 2 weeks - when did the side effects that I have go away? I only used in twice so far (every other night). How horrible should I expect to look? I need to be presentable at work and I'm also taking a vacation on 1/29.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

HI I'm 32 yrs old..My side effecst werent bad a all just a slight breakout and dryness.. like the fact that old spots from past blmeishes are fading from the differin too..i think u should try it I dont have really bad acne either definetly nota good candidate for accutane..the dermo suggested this cux i was using just klaron and wasnt hleping control future break outs differin is supose to once it gets your skin clear help to keep it clear with continued use.. retina is much stronger...my intail breakut wellit only been 2 wks so maybe it could still get worse..they say 8-12 wks to see the ful benefit.i'm not super oily either more combo..

Closed Thread